The Student Room Group

Why don't people try to understand asexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mankytoes
So you are saying your mind gets sexually aroused, but doesn't want sex, which seems contradictory.

Thats not condradictory because sex anc arousal dont have to be linked. You dint have to like sex to be turned on by someone like hugging, even talking and many other things turn people on.

Ignore me if ive missed something here as ive not read the whole thread.
Original post by cole-slaw
Psychologists and sociologists define two types of love: sexual love (also known as romantic love), and platonic love (typically familial or fraternal love).

When we say "in love" we are talking about sexual love. You wouldn't say you were in love with your mum, would you?

I'm glad I have helped to clear this up for you. If you have any other questions, just ask.

Yes but sexual love doesnt always mean someone wants to sleep with their partner. They might not like intercourse and so see it as just an act
rather than love. However they might get sexually aroused by doing other things with their partner which they wouldnt luke to do with other people ie massaging etc. Its still sexually aroused love, just not intercourse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending