Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've just finished my GCSEs this year and got my results. I got 3A* 6A 1B Is this sufficient for dentistry? If you don't mind could people post their grades so i get an idea of what everyone else got who wants to apply dentistry! I feel like GCSEs are more important now because there is no AS exams! Also, A levels i'm taking Chem, Bio , Math and music (is music okay?) Thank in advance! Look forward to your replies

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is math? And you need bio+chem, everything else doesnt matter as long as you can spell it right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lisaisabella)
    Hi, I've just finished my GCSEs this year and got my results. I got 3A* 6A 1B Is this sufficient for dentistry? If you don't mind could people post their grades so i get an idea of what everyone else got who wants to apply dentistry! I feel like GCSEs are more important now because there is no AS exams! Also, A levels i'm taking Chem, Bio , Math and music (is music okay?) Thank in advance! Look forward to your replies
    Like yourself, I got my GCSE grades a couple of days ago (2 A*s, 8 As) and I'm picking bio chem maths and geography, and I feel as if I'm not good enough for dentistry. If people could help us here that would be soo coooooool thanks

ReputationRep:
    3A* 5A 3B

I'm a year 3 Dental student now.

Your A-level choices are fine.

Hope this answers your question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandvika)
    Wtf is math? And you need bio+chem, everything else doesnt matter as long as you can spell it right

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Math and maths are equally acceptable abbreviations of mathematics. The only difference is that math is preferred in the U.S. and Canada, and maths is preferred in the U.K., Australia, and most other English-speaking areas of the world."
    Does this answer your curt question?

ReputationRep:
    "Math and maths are equally acceptable abbreviations of mathematics. The only difference is that math is preferred in the U.S. and Canada, and maths is preferred in the U.K., Australia, and most other English-speaking areas of the world."
    Does this answer your curt question?
    Math is American for Maths

ReputationRep:
    Math is American for Maths
    well done.

ReputationRep:
    well done.
    we are in england

ReputationRep:
    Music will be great to put down on your personal statement, especially if you play an instrument as it shows you have manual dexterity which is a skill a dentist needs! Your grades are great so well done! Keep up the good work and because you've got no AS level, emphasis will be on your GCSEs and the UKCAT test. Get a good book and revise for it later in this academic year

ReputationRep:
    we are in england
    we are indeed..

ReputationRep:
    we are indeed..
    point proven

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 30, 2015

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.