Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How likely is it that I will get a good score in the UKCAT after revising for just one week?

ReputationRep:
    that test is designed to filter out people who lack motivation required by medicine degrees

ReputationRep:
    How can you say I lack motivation based on what I have told you? You don't know my reasons for only having a week to practice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamuelSingleton)
    that test is designed to filter out people who lack motivation required by medicine degrees
    What a terrible post

The UKCAT is a BS indicator if someone is good at studying medicine or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1lastchance)
    How likely is it that I will get a good score in the UKCAT after revising for just one week?
    You can get a good score, just make sure you prepare for each section and have your own way of answering each section. Eg for DA, find out if you will write the codes out or do them in your head. For QR, make sure you know how to do the general problems like % increase/decrease. For AR, use something like SCANS to help you.

ReputationRep:
    Would recommend 2 weeks.

1 week to get used to the style of questions and working through any books you may have so you know how to approach the questions ('Score higher on the UKCAT' is a good book imo) and then at least 1 week to just practice practice practice (Medify is good for this)

However, of course everyone is different and getting used to the UKCAT may be easier for some so if you're confident that you can get a good score in a week then go for it. Remember though, if you think you wont be ready, you can reschedule it as long as its a clear day before your test

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.