The Student Room Group

How many immigrants will the UK take?

Germany is expected to take in 800,000 immigrants this year. The EU wants ALL nation states to do their part in helping tackle the immigrant crises in Europe. Like Germany, many other states are involved - Italy, Sweden, Slovakia and Greece amongst others. However, I am yet to hear of the plans the UK has to do its part in sharing the 'burden' of this collective pan European problem. What plans do the conservatives have to help out with this crises?

I would like the UK to accept the same number of immigrants as Germany. It isn't fair that Germany is taking so many, when there is plenty of space in the UK in which these immigrants can assimilate.

Is the UK really remaining silent?

Does this strengthen the fact that the UK could very well vote to leave the EU should an EU referendum be help within the next two years?

Scroll to see replies

You knew what you were doing when you chose that name.
Reply 2
I don't want a single extra asylum seeker and yes, if the EU were able to make us take this hoard I would vote to leave.
Just 1 more now I think. There she goes. Right, that's it now.
It's not the UK's responsibility. We haven't signed up to open borders so why should we feel obligated to take more(with as little preparation as we have anyway, taking a huge volume would be a disaster). Let the Germans sink under the weight of it. They chose to sign away their borders as part of the Schengen agreement so they can enjoy the boiling pot mess they created. We never signed to it thank goodness.
we should take as many as possible.

Millions.
Original post by Idiot10
Germany is expected to take in 800,000 immigrants this year. The EU wants ALL nation states to do their part in helping tackle the immigrant crises in Europe. Like Germany, many other states are involved - Italy, Sweden, Slovakia and Greece amongst others. However, I am yet to hear of the plans the UK has to do its part in sharing the 'burden' of this collective pan European problem. What plans do the conservatives have to help out with this crises?

I would like the UK to accept the same number of immigrants as Germany. It isn't fair that Germany is taking so many, when there is plenty of space in the UK in which these immigrants can assimilate.

Is the UK really remaining silent?

Does this strengthen the fact that the UK could very well vote to leave the EU should an EU referendum be help within the next two years?

You want us to take in 800,000 as well? What benefit would that be to us? I say, as long as the Germans are happy with taking in such an unsustainable number(its basic socioeconomics), let them keep at it. They'll realise at some point like the rest of us that an uncontrolled large number of people entering a nation in a short period of time to stay for an unknown, potentially large amount of time is barely workable. I'd rather the UK put so more restrictions in but at the same time process requests according to need and to have time to proper facilities privately that can look after asylum seekers.
Original post by Bill_Gates
we should take as many as possible.

Millions.

I trust you're being sarcastic Bill.
Original post by marco14196

He's a troll or a daft ****

not really.

The UK need's these migrants, a desperate need. If we want to compete with major countries!
Original post by ToadHallToad
He's a troll or a daft ****

whatever, jealous of my rep brah

BRING IN THE MIGRANTS! I WILL HOUSE THEM ALL!
not really.

The UK need's these migrants, a desperate need. If we want to compete with major countries!

There is an argument that suggests there is a need for them(mainly a need for skilled migrants) but if we're talking about the unskilled, refugees and asylum seekers, they're not needed. I don't think refugees and asylum seekers are even allowed to work here at all anyway(or minimal hours at best). We do need some to counteract an ageing population but we don't need an oversized number.
There is an argument that suggests there is a need for them(mainly a need for skilled migrants) but if we're talking about the unskilled, refugees and asylum seekers, they're not needed. I don't think refugees and asylum seekers are even allowed to work here at all anyway(or minimal hours at best). We do need some to counteract an ageing population but we don't need an oversized number.

but we need more people maybe the most skilled don't want to come here any more? second gen migrants are VERY productive. We should house these people.
whatever, jealous of my rep brah

BRING IN THE MIGRANTS! I WILL HOUSE THEM ALL!

Troll confirmed
(edited 8 years ago)
Troll confirmed

toad is closest to troll.

Let the immigrants flood in. We need these people, the "indigenous" population is lack lustre.
Reply 15
It's not the UK's responsibility. We haven't signed up to open borders so why should we feel obligated to take more(with as little preparation as we have anyway, taking a huge volume would be a disaster). Let the Germans sink under the weight of it. They chose to sign away their borders as part of the Schengen agreement so they can enjoy the boiling pot mess they created. We never signed to it thank goodness.

Well the UK is going to Sink anyway.
Bill_Gates needs to be deported. At least banned from TSR for trolling
Bill_Gates needs to be deported. At least banned from TSR for trolling

deported? i have a british passport and multiple other ones. Countries want me, i am a capitalist brah

Let the migrants FLOOD in!!
Original post by Ronnie2K
Well the UK is going to Sink anyway.

Agreed, but that's no reason to be self destructing any further

#peterhitchens
Reply 19
deported? i have a british passport and multiple other ones. Countries want me, i am a capitalist brah

Let the migrants FLOOD in!!

I am with you Brah

Quick Reply

Latest