Turn on thread page Beta

Feeling extremely down and having pain in left chest due to panic attacks watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am starting to feel really down due to the fact that I am leaving work soon to go back to university.

I will be in my final year in September 2015 and the time has gone by so so quickly! I don't want to leave work for some reason and it's funny because I wanted to leave it before,

What advice can you give me? It's because I didn't go to uni for a year and instead worked for a corporation for a year.

ReputationRep:
    Quit Uni, resume work

Problem sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stres)
    Hi,

I am starting to feel really down due to the fact that I am leaving work soon to go back to university.

I will be in my final year in September 2015 and the time has gone by so so quickly! I don't want to leave work for some reason and it's funny because I wanted to leave it before,

What advice can you give me? It's because I didn't go to uni for a year and instead worked for a corporation for a year.
    We are pretty alike. I've left my job to prepare for graduate schemes, final year of university and I have some things to sort out with family. Weirdly, I am missing work despite hating it at first. I think you have anxieties about your final year and also sadness because you're moving on from that part of your life. Knowing that you're moving on to finish university and move onward and upward should provide you with some comfort.

As for the chest pain, apparently it's normal for anxiety and panic attacks. I've had about three bouts of pain this summer where I've convinced myself I'm having a heart attack or going through some cardiac failure. I know I'm not though because I had a check up a matter of weeks before it started! Try not to convince yourself there's a medical problem. Unless of course it continues once you're feeling happier at uni. Try seeing a doctor if you're really concerned. But know not wanting to leave is a natural, normal process. I hope you feel better soon. You can message me anytime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EloiseStar)
    We are pretty alike. I've left my job to prepare for graduate schemes, final year of university and I have some things to sort out with family. Weirdly, I am missing work despite hating it at first. I think you have anxieties about your final year and also sadness because you're moving on from that part of your life. Knowing that you're moving on to finish university and move onward and upward should provide you with some comfort.

As for the chest pain, apparently it's normal for anxiety and panic attacks. I've had about three bouts of pain this summer where I've convinced myself I'm having a heart attack or going through some cardiac failure. I know I'm not though because I had a check up a matter of weeks before it started! Try not to convince yourself there's a medical problem. Unless of course it continues once you're feeling happier at uni. Try seeing a doctor if you're really concerned. But know not wanting to leave is a natural, normal process. I hope you feel better soon. You can message me anytime.
    Many thanks for your kind words and support

I can't believe that I am feeling so low in my life and I find it quite funny at the same time. Just like 5 months ago, I really wanted to quit and go back to university, but now, I just want to stay where I am.

I think you are right in saying that by going to uni and graduating, you do stand a better chance of better employment and pay,

Just out of interest, are you going back to your final year in September? You can PM me the answer if you wish.

Once again, thanks for your support. It makes me feel better knowing that I have some support at least. x.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stres)
    Many thanks for your kind words and support

I can't believe that I am feeling so low in my life and I find it quite funny at the same time. Just like 5 months ago, I really wanted to quit and go back to university, but now, I just want to stay where I am.

I think you are right in saying that by going to uni and graduating, you do stand a better chance of better employment and pay,

Just out of interest, are you going back to your final year in September? You can PM me the answer if you wish.

Once again, thanks for your support. It makes me feel better knowing that I have some support at least. x.
    Yes I'm going back to my final year

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.