Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I feel in a really bad place right now and I don't know how to get out of it. I am just about to go into year 10 and I hate school (not just school) I have already moved school, not because I was getting bullied or anything bad because I actually got on with everyone. I just couldn't cope with going to school everyday and when I moved it didn't get any better (obviously). I can't move again because it is too late and there is knowhere else to go an I know me being happy has taken its toll with my parents. In primary school I had this one best friend who I adored and have yet to spoken to her once. I have just recently found her instagram and Facebook page and she is really popular and pretty it made me feel horrible about myself because I knew we were once best friends. I don't actually have instagram or Facebook I found it on a friends account and I don't want it. She moved to the uae from the start of high school. I looked on the amazing school she goes to on the website and she always gets mentioned. I have also seen all my other old best friends accounts and it makes me feel empty and I know I couldn't get in touch with them because they have all turned into self obsessed *****. In school I am not that popular and I don't like anyone although I do make the effort. I do quite a lot of stuff outside of school and I am quite active but I just feel so lonely and especially in school I hate having to hang round with people i hate.I know it will get better and I don't have long left before I finish school. Because of my struggle with school I haven't revised one bit but once I get into year ten I am going to work really hard. I know I will get friends in the future but I don't want to have wait that long!

Sorry I rambled on.
    Thank you if you made it this far.

ReputationRep:
    Aww sweetie, i actually felt some of your emotions whilst reading that. Youre young and you will be finding yourself walking down your own path, creating your own journey. One that isnt going to be like another. I know in this generation people place great emphasis on instagram, make up, selfies and popularity but i guarantee you that this is probably a tiny percentage of the population lol...not everyone is like this! and soon you will begin to meet people who share similar interests as yourself and trust me, you will be SO happy to share your time with them!I just feel like you need to find the positives in the lifestyle that you lead and in your personality. Be creative, learn, write, read and think! Start becoming an autonomous individual, study hard, keep your eyes on the big goal. TRUST ME YOU WILL GET FAR!life isnt always about making friends so dont be bummed if you dont make them immediately and if you think that youre alone, youre not, youd be quite surprised at how many people are there for you!! be an innovator, keep your head down and you will flourish beautifully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AthiaKarim)
    Aww sweetie, i actually felt some of your emotions whilst reading that. Youre young and you will be finding yourself walking down your own path, creating your own journey. One that isnt going to be like another. I know in this generation people place great emphasis on instagram, make up, selfies and popularity but i guarantee you that this is probably a tiny percentage of the population lol...not everyone is like this! and soon you will begin to meet people who share similar interests as yourself and trust me, you will be SO happy to share your time with them!I just feel like you need to find the positives in the lifestyle that you lead and in your personality. Be creative, learn, write, read and think! Start becoming an autonomous individual, study hard, keep your eyes on the big goal. TRUST ME YOU WILL GET FAR!life isnt always about making friends so dont be bummed if you dont make them immediately and if you think that youre alone, youre not, youd be quite surprised at how many people are there for you!! be an innovator, keep your head down and you will flourish beautifully
    Thank you

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.