Turn on thread page Beta

Would you pay this much on rental fees? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You're not being cheap, this is a huge rip off!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    £600 Admin Fees? It's extortion.

ReputationRep:
    let me guess - London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by revron77)
    Haha you would think it. Its actually luton I'm moving to. Nearly had a heart attack when I heard the amount, but Im new to letting so didnt know.
    avoid m8, taking you for a mug!

ReputationRep:
    Looking at places to rent, letting agent gave me a quote on a one bedroom house priced 675 per month.

Inital rental fees:£2,000
    £675 First Months Rent
    £500 Deposit
    £225 Holding Fee
    £600 Admin Fees

Is this a rip off or am I being cheap?
    The administration fees are at least 6x what the normal market amount would be. Avoid.

ReputationRep:
    central london maybe, but Luton? na move on

ReputationRep:
    Haha you would think it. Its actually luton I'm moving to. Nearly had a heart attack when I heard the amount, but Im new to letting so didnt know.
    O M G , if it was London that would be understandable. Sorry but for a one bedroom apartment that's a ridiculous price. Unless the house is made out of gold!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huda Osman)
    Unless the house is made out of gold!
    Even then why would it need a higher admin charge? The costs of drawing up a tenancy agreement are the same whether it's for a tiny 1 bedroom flat or Buckingham Palace.

ReputationRep:
    that's crazy, I was angry about paying about £300 in fees between me and my partner

ReputationRep:
    I paid 180 for admin fee, 500 deposit and 370 a month all bills included for a room in 4 bedroom house with garden. This is rip off considering its not London.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.