The Student Room Group

Getting into University of choice

Hi, I was wondering if I got BBCC at As Level is it possible for me to get AAB/ABB at the end of A levels without any retakes, in order to get into the university I want to go to ?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Thank you ☺️
Yeah, probably. I would suggest resitting at least one of the papers though if there is one that is particularly low (Possibly D or below) as I don't imagine it would take too much effort to bring it up.
Original post by OrionMusicNet
Yeah, probably. I would suggest resitting at least one of the papers though if there is one that is particularly low (Possibly D or below) as I don't imagine it would take too much effort to bring it up.

Thanks for the reply, I didn't get anything bellow a C in any of my individual papers, do you still think I should retake. I really don't mind retaking a paper if that will help, that's not a problem, I just don't want it to bring down any of my A2 exams results as a result of a retake
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm literally in the same position as you :frown: what uni do you want to go to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a few in mind but my top two choices would either be Loughbrough university or Queen Mary's, one is AAB and the other is ABB, what about you, which Unis do you want to go to ? And also do you think it's possible for us to be able to get them grades hopefully 🙏
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Alevelshelp123
I have a few in mind but my top two choices would either be Loughbrough university or Queen Mary's, one is AAB and the other is ABB, what about you, which Unis do you want to go to ? And also do you think it's possible for us to be able to get them grades hopefully 🙏

I want to apply to queen Mary as well the requirements are ABB, what course are you applying for? I might apply to Loughborough too. I'm also thinking about Brighton uni and Kent uni. and I've been looking around and asking and people say it's possible! but we'll need to work hard! I'm gonna resit a couple units to bring my grades up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I would definitely retake at least 2 if you want to get higher grades. Have a talk with your teachers about it
Original post by bubblegumcat
I want to apply to queen Mary as well the requirements are ABB, what course are you applying for? I might apply to Loughborough too. I'm also thinking about Brighton uni and Kent uni. and I've been looking around and asking and people say it's possible! but we'll need to work hard! I'm gonna resit a couple units to bring my grades up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to study Psychology at University, what about you and I think I will retake one or two units 👍
Original post by Eiji97
I would definitely retake at least 2 if you want to get higher grades. Have a talk with your teachers about it

Thanks I probably will 👍
I want to study Psychology at University, what about you and I think I will retake one or two units 👍

chemistry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubblegumcat

Good luck, I'm sure you will do great 👍
Reply 13
Thanks I probably will 👍

No problem :smile: and what did you get in each individual unit and how close were you off each grade btw?
Good luck, I'm sure you will do great 👍

thanks good luck to you too :smile:
Original post by Eiji97
No problem :smile: and what did you get in each individual unit and how close were you off each grade btw?

The One I am retaking i got a C in and i was 3-4 marks off the next grade boundary, there was two papers for that subject and in the other paper i got a high B in . So i hope to retake the C so that it will bring up my grade. I might possibly also retake another C unit but this time it was also two papers for this subject but i got a solid A for that paper, but I'm going to talk to my teachers about the second retake to see if its worth my while.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 16
Well I would retake the ones you got a C in, yeah

Quick Reply

Latest