The Student Room Group

Can I do..

Just a quick question is it possible if I could still do Medicine with A*ABBBBCC as my GCSE's In shaa Allah (God willing) everything goes fine but if u guys tell me your honest opinions that would be much appreciated
Yes.
Reply 2
Original post by shezshez
Yes.

Ha thanks m8 however what would be your best to do 'a levels' if your don't mind adding
Reply 3
Quite frankly you are going to have a tough time getting short listed for interviews at med school with your gcses, HOWEVER, if you can ace your a-levels, UKCAT/BMAT then you will stand a good chance. Just apply very carefully because some med schools rank you according to the number of A*/A whereas others focus on A-levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coolyoyo
Ha thanks m8 however what would be your best to do 'a levels' if your don't mind adding

Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths.

Your A level grades + UKCAT score are going to be more important that your GCSE's which you've seemingly done very well in anyway.
Reply 5
Original post by shezshez
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths.

Your A level grades + UKCAT score are going to be more important that your GCSE's which you've seemingly done very well in anyway.

Limited to those only, what about bIo,Chem and History? Is that quite insufficient
Reply 6
Original post by Coolyoyo
Limited to those only, what about bIo,Chem and History? Is that quite insufficient

In addition to the mandatory Bio and Chem I strongly recommend you choose A-levels you are best at, because it is absolutely vital that you get at least AAA.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
In addition to the mandatory Bio and Chem I strongly recommend you choose A-levels you are best at, because it is absolutely vital that you get at least AAA.Thank you, for your advice I was considering to do BIo,Chem,History and Socilogy In shaa Allah (God willing) So how does that seem ?
Reply 8
[QUOTE="Coolyoyo;58777155"]
Original post by -_-'
In addition to the mandatory Bio and Chem I strongly recommend you choose A-levels you are best at, because it is absolutely vital that you get at least AAA.Thank you, for your advice I was considering to do BIo,Chem,History and Socilogy In shaa Allah (God willing) So how does that seem ?

Yeah that's fine go for it mate.
Ignore gcses now it's time to place your full attention on the A-levels. Work out all the study strategies, exam techniques and ensure you know the syllabus up and down. When you have good A-level grades in the palm of your hand, then (depending on where you apply**) bob's your uncle

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest