Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dying bleached blonde hair back to brown. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Why do people dye their hair only to dye it back to it"s original colour. Strange

ReputationRep:
    I had just bleached my hair at the hairdresser .. It was going to be ash brown with ash blonde highlights, it's just a blonde and an ash blonde bcuz he ****ed up .... Now I hate it bcuz I'm olive skin tone and this hair is completely washing me out .. but I really want to have the ash brown in my hair like I originally wanted. I bought a box dye of medium ash brown and want to put it in .. I was wondering if it's to soon to put a filler colour on right away, rinse and let it dry, then try ash brown over top. It's been four days since I got my hair professionally done

ReputationRep:
    I just got my hair done at the hairdresser and it was to be ash brown with ash blonde highlights .. It's not blonde with ash blonde highlights bcuz he ****ed up, it's just blonde and ash blonde, I bought a box dye ash brown bcuz I still want that colour, so I'm wondering if I can also go buy a box dye of something with a red or golden tone in it, put it in .. Rinse n dry .. Then put my ash in right after, n will it work lol. Hair was done professionally four days ago

ReputationRep:
    I have bleached blond hair and want to go back to black my natural colour or even a dark brown what's the best way as don't want green hair for Christmas

ReputationRep:
    I have gone from light blonde to light golden brown,don't like it can I go back blonde

ReputationRep:
    I want to dye my brown hair back to blonde

ReputationRep:
    Hi so I bleeched my hair a month bk. And I decided to go dark brown again. My question is I brought a clairol natural dark brown colour can I just dye my hair with that or will it go a funny colour thanks ele x

ReputationRep:
    My hair has been bleached all over and then toned with silver as I wanted silver/grey hair. I now want to get back to my natural colour which is brown! Can someone please just tell me which colour I need to buy?! (I've had the grey for a year and I need a change!)

ReputationRep:
    You could try washing your hair with Head and Shoulders, just don't use the one for coloured hair. This will strip the colour and help fade the brown. The more you wash the more it will fade. Alternatively embrace your new shiny dark hair - you may end up getting used to it and come to love it xx

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I went to the hairdressers the other day and asked for caramel-chocolate highlights, i have naturally very dark brown/black hair. The highlights have turned out an orangey blonde and look dreadful in contrast to my dark hair. How do I dye the highlights darker so they are a more chocolate colour, I'd like to do them at home as I'm very busy at the moment. Would buying a dark brown dye help darken the highlights or make them more orangey?? Any help will be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    This one is worst I tried that and then could not get bloody red colour out of my hair!

ReputationRep:
    Do a redish color for 20-25 minutes,. It should be one shade lighter than the overall color, which can be a neutral. The red keeps the brown from looking green, because when one bleaches the hair, one has to tone out the red hues for the hair not to look brassy. So you need to put the red back in when making it dark again.. I did this with my daughter and the end result looked natural, unlike what the hairdresser did at the salon. I had to strip the color out of her hair to ubdo what two trips at the salon did. (But we used vitamin C powder and shampoo for an hour at a time. And did this twice. It's much less harsh on the hair than the normal color strippers.)

ReputationRep:
    Which John Frieda Color did you use?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.