UKCAT needed for dentistry Watch

Minnieh21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I have my UKCAT coming up in a couple of days, and I am really anxious about it as my scores are quite fluctuating. So roughly what score would give me a good chance of getting into a dental school?
(I want to apply to Kings, QM, Manchester and Plymouth)
asyth
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, don't worry too much about it because it's just about how you preform on the day and you could get easier questions than the mocks and do well.

QMUL want at least 2400 overall so a 600 average but they rank applicants on both the UKCAT and the UCAS tariffs.
Kings have high requirements I think, usually 690+ but if you have good grades, a lower UKCAT shouldn't be too bad.
Plymouth has a cut off for each section and an overall score but that varies every year.
Manchester don't have cut offs but most medicine applicants who received interviews had a score of 2580+ (645 average) so I'd assume that dentistry would be pretty similar.

Check this out for more information btw http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...sed%202013.pdf

Good luck c:
yoda123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
same i want to apply to QM and Kings and my ukcat is in 3 dayS. I want to get 700 at least, i think that will make me pretty safe, I also got AAAA in my AS. I havent done much extracurricular though. What is your revision strategy like? I've only got 600q and Kaplan: Score higher on the UKCAT.
Last edited by yoda123; 3 years ago
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (759)
90.57%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (79)
9.43%

Watched Threads