The Student Room Group

URGENT Help with A level choices

I am really stuck on my A level choices. I put down chemistry before my IGCSEs but as I got a B in that and I feel like it's going to get much harder, I have decided to drop out. I need to pick another choice and its between biology, art or economics to accompany Spanish German and maths.
I got 100% and an A* in my art but didn't enjoy it as much as the core subjects.
I really hate Biology (like so much) but I managed to get an A in it at GCSE.
Economics we have never done but it looks really difficult but it could accompany maths As level well.
PLEASE HELP me and guide me on what A levels you enjoyed/ are going to do.
What are you thinking of doing after A-levels? That should help you choose another subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by MathQ123
What are you thinking of doing after A-levels? That should help you choose another subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I want to go on to study Spanish and German at university. At my preferred university i need an AAB in my three a levels and as I am choosing to take maths as an As I need a subject that could secure me either an A or B.
Original post by Spainsia
I want to go on to study Spanish and German at university. At my preferred university i need an AAB in my three a levels and as I am choosing to take maths as an As I need a subject that could secure me either an A or B.

What GCSE's did you do? Is there a subject that you enjoy doing as there is no point in doing something that you hate because it will affect your grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
What GCSE's did you do? Is there a subject that you enjoy doing as there is no point in doing something that you hate because it will affect your grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

IGCSE: chemistry, physics, maths, biology, German, Spanish, French, english (lit and Lang)
GCSE: Art
I enjoy the three languages, chemistry and physics the most. I was thinking of taking physics A level but was wondering if it was going to be a LOT harder than IGCSE...
I am really stuck on my A level choices. I put down chemistry before my IGCSEs but as I got a B in that and I feel like it's going to get much harder, I have decided to drop out. I need to pick another choice and its between biology, art or economics to accompany Spanish German and maths.
I got 100% and an A* in my art but didn't enjoy it as much as the core subjects.
I really hate Biology (like so much) but I managed to get an A in it at GCSE.
Economics we have never done but it looks really difficult but it could accompany maths As level well.
PLEASE HELP me and guide me on what A levels you enjoyed/ are going to do.

I got a B in chemistry at GCSE and got an A at a level, if you like it, go for it. If you can deal with maths, you will love chemistry. Don't do biology if you hate it, i hated it, but still did it, and it was the most miserable 2 years of my life.
Reply 6
Original post by Hayley Williams
I got a B in chemistry at GCSE and got an A at a level, if you like it, go for it. If you can deal with maths, you will love chemistry. Don't do biology if you hate it, i hated it, but still did it, and it was the most miserable 2 years of my life.

Yeah I've ditched the idea of biology as I physically had to drag myself to GCSE lessons as I hated it so much!! I will have a further look at what the chemistry A level course is about - thank you :smile:
Yeah I've ditched the idea of biology as I physically had to drag myself to GCSE lessons as I hated it so much!! I will have a further look at what the chemistry A level course is about - thank you :smile:

No problem :biggrin: Ahh, i love chemistry, don't let anyone moaning about it put you off.
IGCSE: chemistry, physics, maths, biology, German, Spanish, French, english (lit and Lang)
GCSE: Art
I enjoy the three languages, chemistry and physics the most. I was thinking of taking physics A level but was wondering if it was going to be a LOT harder than IGCSE...

Then you should go for chemistry or physics. I never did physics so can't really say how hard it will be but I did do chemistry at A-level and I loved it. Tbh if you work hard enough you can get any grade that you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Then you should go for chemistry or physics. I never did physics so can't really say how hard it will be but I did do chemistry at A-level and I loved it. Tbh if you work hard enough you can get any grade that you want.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for all your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending