Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to buy a backpack for a folder and my laptop as well as a pencil case if I need it for taking between lectures and classes and my halls but I don't know what style or size backpack to get.

I'm considering the Herschel Heritage Backpack Plus as it has a style that I saw a lot at college and is a decent size, but I'm not sure what style other people are getting. Is this a good backpack?

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at ASOS; they have quite a few I think

ReputationRep:
    Moved this thread over to Uni life so hopefully you should get more responses

ReputationRep:
    I have a Roxy rucksack which is pretty big. I'd advise buying in person rather than online unless it has the measurements and you can work out if that is big enough for you. Can't remember the brand but somebody has been using a high performance type rucksack which has loads of pockets and space for laptop on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by widgsta)
    I'm looking to buy a backpack for a folder and my laptop as well as a pencil case if I need it for taking between lectures and classes and my halls but I don't know what style or size backpack to get.

I'm considering the Herschel Heritage Backpack Plus as it has a style that I saw a lot at college and is a decent size, but I'm not sure what style other people are getting. Is this a good backpack?
    Hiya, I had a Herschel Backpack while I was in college and it was really spacious!! I could fit my laptop in its designated compartment and then put in about 3/4 notepads in the back along with my pencil case and other things! Plus the shoulder straps are great too, they don't dig in to your shoulders when the backpack is heavy. I'm planning to take it to uni this Sept as one of my bags!

P.S. I got it from ASOS for around £70 I think?

ReputationRep:
    I bought this Swiss Gear backpack for £40 from ebay .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oceanrouge)
    I bought this Swiss Gear backpack for £40 from ebay .
    They also sell these for 39.99 in Currys/PC World - I got three for my girls - will take a widescreen laptop, A4 lever arch file and a lunch box/pencil case. Lots of pockets etc, good quality, not too heavy empty and have well padded straps - worth a trip to have a look in store (we took the lever arch file with us to try them out!)

ReputationRep:
    I got a TOMS backpack (the same people who make the shoes). Looks pretty sturdy and the top folds down to adjust the size you want, so it's good for uni and taking all my washing home at the weekends!

ReputationRep:
    I have a Vans backpack, I've had it two years already and going to take it to University too. They fit a lot in, and very durable. I recommend

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.