Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to do Chemical Engineering at top unis and i got 3As and a B at AS. However the problem is i got a B in Chemistry (As in Bio, Maths and Spanish).

I've already decided that I'm going to resit all 3 Chemistry AS modules alongside A2 and C2 (got 265/300 UMS in maths cos i got 83 in C2) to increase my grades.

So do i have a chance? Thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    Be very careful with resitting all your chemistry modules, as by doing six modules in a year your grades may actually go down due to the pressure! But you know best if you can handle it.

I'm not an expert, but it sounds like you stand a chance of getting the grades needed so you have a chance of getting an offer. Imperial tends to give out very high offers to applicants they're not sure about though, so watch out for that!

Why are resitting C2? To get an A* in maths you just need an A at AS and then an overall 90% across C3 and C4...

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? I thought I needed a 90 average across all 6 modules. That's good to hear then.

But yeah I hear you concerning the extra work that doing AS and A2 at the same time will bring. Actually got really overwhelmed and emotional just thinking about it. But I know AS is going to be easy compared to A2, seeing as I have done the course once before

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.