Turn on thread page Beta

6ft 2 and girl refused to meet me because of my height watch

ReputationRep:
    We were getting to know each on a online dating website, she asked for my height, when she found she was like sorry but i wear 5 inch heels and i want a guy taller than me when i wear them. Shes 5ft 9. I was so confused and replied back to her saying youre weird and shallow.

ReputationRep:
    That's terrible, she could always just lift weights before going out to squeeze down that extra half inch.

ReputationRep:
    Well she's quite tall herself so shouldn't have refused you. She could have just wore lower inch heels when with you. If that's her attitude then you had a lucky escape.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximus123)
    We were getting to know each on a online dating website, she asked for my height, when she found she was like sorry but i wear 5 inch heels and i want a guy taller than me when i wear them. Shes 5ft 9. I was so confused and replied back to her saying youre weird and shallow.
    a) 5" heels, jeez, her feet must be f***ing vertical

b) wow, only dating guys >= 6'3" is seriously narrowing her options

ReputationRep:
    You could have just worn shoes with a one inch height and then spiked up your hair

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    her loss

ReputationRep:
    Really, I think you are probably better of without her if she is that shallow.

ReputationRep:
    It's her loss. You should take it as having dodged a bullet, she sounds like a shallow nightmare.

ReputationRep:
    #manmoreproblems

ReputationRep:
    You deserve better than her. You had a lucky escape

ReputationRep:
    I think your face may have played a part in her decision, doubt it was your height.

ReputationRep:
    This sounds so dodgy, I have a good few tall friends (and I'm tall myself) and none of us would ever say that 6'2 isn't tall enough.
    This may have been an excuse and not the real reason, because that properly makes no sense.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds awesome. Women judge men on height all the time, why should the OP be immune just because he is taller than average.

ReputationRep:
    Wtf who would actually do that??? I'll meet u dw xxx

ReputationRep:
    What does she want? Somebody who is a giant? It's weird because i think your really tall, i'm only 5ft 3

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any reason to believe that she might have been using that as an excuse, ie a way out because things weren't going so well? You could easily have worn shoes that make you 6'3+ when you wear them, given that many men's shoes have a base of close to one inch anyway...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missaxo)
    Wtf who would actually do that??? I'll meet u dw xxx
    be careful, cupcake.

ReputationRep:
    either you're lying or the ***** can't do math because 5'9" + 5"=6.16'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Man.bear.pig)
    be careful, cupcake.
    I just love tall people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Man.bear.pig)
    either you're lying or the ***** can't do math because 5'9" + 5"=6.16'.
    ^maths checks out

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.