Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I finally passed my Numeracy test on my 3rd and last attempt For all of you taking this test I just want to say Do Not Worry and it is possible to pass on your last attempt. Just practice as much as you can and I found the suggestions on this forum really helpful so Thanks to all for your posts. Also G and A Numerical is excellent and even more better than the DFE Numeracy tests. I advise for those of you who struggle with maths to buy the package first time around and do not use your chances and leave it to your last one as you will be more nervous. I wish I knew about it sooner.

Anyway Good Luck and if I can do it anyone can Believe Me!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rose987)
    Hi All,

I finally passed my Numeracy test on my 3rd and last attempt For all of you taking this test I just want to say Do Not Worry and it is possible to pass on your last attempt. Just practice as much as you can and I found the suggestions on this forum really helpful so Thanks to all for your posts. Also G and A Numerical is excellent and even more better than the DFE Numeracy tests. I advise for those of you who struggle with maths to buy the package first time around and do not use your chances and leave it to your last one as you will be more nervous. I wish I knew about it sooner.

xx
    Well done! Have you passed BEFORE you start the course proper? I had to do my tests mid-course which seems daft. I did them on 21st December, 2010 and there was snow. Also, I cant really see why you have to do these tests if you have GCSE maths and English.

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

xx
    Congrats on passing! Those tests were hell, I was sooo relieved when I passed them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeachChemistry)
    Well done! Have you passed BEFORE you start the course proper? I had to do my tests mid-course which seems daft. I did them on 21st December, 2011 and there was snow. Also, I cant really see why you have to do these tests if you have GCSE maths and English.
    Hi

Thanks TeachChemistry for your reply. Yes even more pressure as you have to have the tests done before you start the course. My thoughts exactly, why are these tests needed when we already have GCSE Maths and English in addition to a Degree. Since 2012 the new rules are that you have to achieve the tests before starting any teaching course and you only have three life lines

You must have got them out the way before the new changes came in to effect. So did you do the PGCE route and are you a qualified teacher now.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Thanks TeachChemistry for your reply. Yes even more pressure as you have to have the tests done before you start the course. My thoughts exactly, why are these tests needed when we already have GCSE Maths and English in addition to a Degree. Since 2012 the new rules are that you have to achieve the tests before starting any teaching course and you only have three life lines

You must have got them out the way before the new changes came in to effect. So did you do the PGCE route and are you a qualified teacher now.

Thanks
    Tbh I did not know we were going to have to do them until I started the course in the September. It was still three strikes and your out at that time. However, if you had done half the course and then got booted off because you failed one of these tests it would be very harsh and a huge waste of time and money. Therefore , I think the fact you have to do them before the course starts is probably better. I still think they are a bit daft though.

Yes I got NQT in 2011 using the PGCE route and QTS the following year.

What's your subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeachChemistry)
    Tbh I did not know we were going to have to do them until I started the course in the September. It was still three strikes and your out at that time. However, if you had done half the course and then got booted off because you failed one of these tests it would be very harsh and a huge waste of time and money. Therefore , I think the fact you have to do them before the course starts is probably better. I still think they are a bit daft though.

Yes I got NQT in 2011 using the PGCE route and QTS the following year.

What's your subject?
    I guess it is better to have them beforehand so you do not get into student debt and have a qualification all to be told you cannot gain QTS because of the failure to have these tests. I will be doing Primary PGCE.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.