Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    In a real dilemma at the moment trying to weigh up my options and finally make the decision whether or not to take my place at York or whether to take a trainee scheme that I have been offered for a top 20 Accounting firm in London.

To tell you a bit about myself, I have been working part time for 2 years for an Accountancy practice and have a good understanding of the accounting skills and principles that will be taught at York University.

I have been offered a 5 year training scheme with a top 20 firm in London that will train me all the way to an ACCA qualification. I would be given a competitive salary that is higher than the national average for trainees.
    On the other hand, I have been accepted onto the Accounting, management & Finance course at York University.

As York is a Russel group, I understand that if my degree result is as good as it should be, I will be in a position where I would be likely to obtain a training contract post University. I do love the idea of uni life; the sports, the nightlife and the general madness but im not so keen on the debt.

So im asking you guys to persuade me, is a Russel group university going to make the 50k worth of debt worth it all? Or will I end up looking for a job no better than the one I've been offered.

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon!

ReputationRep:
    Take the job opportunity, it is similar to being at uni plus you will be paid while working which i see as being worthwhile.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.