Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

A good friend of mine would like to apply to the UAL College of Fashion or the Central Saint Martin. However he did not come from an artistic high school background. Is there any way he could apply to such courses?

Thank you!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Summit)
    Hey guys

A good friend of mine would like to apply to the UAL College of Fashion or the Central Saint Martin. However he did not come from an artistic high school background. Is there any way he could apply to such courses?

Thank you!
    Hey Summit,

We are a institution that does various Fashion courses (assuming your friend is looking to study fashion) to get onto our courses you need a good portfolio, 5 GCSE's grade A-C plus 2 A Levels or the equivalent qualifications.

This may also be the case for the Uni's you've mentioned above, but the one thing I can say is that a strong portfolio will definitely be needed, although the grades/qualifications they require may vary a little.

So, your friend may not have come from an artistic high school but if he has the work to back him up and relevant qualifications; it should be ok. Alternatively he could do a foundation course to help him build up a portfolio and gain more skills.

Hope this helps!

Do feel free to ask more questions..

Bee

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2015

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.