Turn on thread page Beta

Need 300 pounds really stressed. watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically studentfinance comes in on the 20th of September but my landlord wants me to pay rent for september on the 1st of September. I am so screwed my parents cant help cause they have no money. I am working but I get paid on like the 23rd of September. What can I do ?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Thechillyone)
    Basically studentfinance comes in on the 20th of September but my landlord wants me to pay rent for september on the 1st of September. I am so screwed my parents cant help cause they have no money. I am working but I get paid on like the 23rd of September. What can I do ?
    If you don't have an overdraft does your university offer temporary loans?
    or can you come to some sort of agreement with your landlord?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If you don't have an overdraft does your university offer temporary loans?
    or can you come to some sort of agreement with your landlord?
    My landlord is just not budging at all. I havent checked that so Im gonna do that first thing in the morning cheers
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    My landlord is just not budging at all. I havent checked that so Im gonna do that first thing in the morning cheers
    Is it a student rented place?

ReputationRep:
    Ask him for an extension and explain the circumstances how can you pay with money you do not have the most they can do is evict you. Or get an interest free credit card - pay on the card then make the repayment when you get paid and it will not cost you- normally i would not recomend this but if they won't budge they will not budge. If you google it their are some which are interest free for 36 months pay it off when you get your payment and then close the account down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarrenBCFC)
    Ask him for an extension and explain the circumstances how can you pay with money you do not have the most they can do is evict you. Or get an interest free credit card - pay on the card then make the repayment when you get paid and it will not cost you- normally i would not recomend this but if they won't budge they will not budge. If you google it their are some which are interest free for 36 months pay it off when you get your payment and then close the account down.
    This. And learn from it; never get into this problem again. Always put a bit aside into a savings account or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotSuperman)
    This. And learn from it; never get into this problem again. Always put a bit aside into a savings account or something.
    It will also improve credit rating very slightly

ReputationRep:
    He's an idiot then. It costs a lot to get you moved out and someone in. All he needs to do is wait 4-5 days? If you really explained yourself properly then I don't know what is wrong with this landlord.

But also yes, you should not be going paycheck-to-paycheck, as it were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mister Morality)
    He's an idiot then. It costs a lot to get you moved out and someone in. All he needs to do is wait 4-5 days? If you really explained yourself properly then I don't know what is wrong with this landlord.

But also yes, you should not be going paycheck-to-paycheck, as it were.
    Just to give some context on the situation....without going into too much detail because I dont want to reveal my identity but basically my deposit and retainer were 'stolen' by the estate agency that he employed and until the police proves him guilty I dont get that back. So I had to pay that again. Thats why I am already broke.

At this point Id just like to tell everyone....NEVER EVER GO FOR AN AGENCY THAT IS NOT APPROVED BY YOUR UNIVERSITY.

ReputationRep:
    You can't use interest free credit cards to do bank transfers. That's not how it works. You'll be charged fees plus interest.

I would suggest asking your parents for the money or maybe write an IOU to a friend and tell them that you're desperate.

ReputationRep:
    Probably what I am going to have to do. I am just always uncomfortable with credit cards I dont trust them/myself but I guess it needs to be done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkSenrine)
    You can't use interest free credit cards to do bank transfers. That's not how it works. You'll be charged fees plus interest.

I would suggest asking your parents for the money or maybe write an IOU to a friend and tell them that you're desperate.
    Unless you have someone else who canloan you money

ReputationRep:
    get a 0% apr credit card and just transfer it across when you get paid

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a student bank account? You can get an interest free overdraft. It only took me a day to get this account at Lloyds

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.