Turn on thread page Beta

Is a remark worth it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone. I sat the Edexcel GCSE for ICT and I got a 76/100 UMS grade which is an A. The A* is 81+. Do you think I have a chance to get 5 marks with a remark? Have any of you had a successful remark? Do you think it is worth it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia.medicine)
    Hi everyone. I sat the Edexcel GCSE for ICT and I got a 76/100 UMS grade which is an A. The A* is 81+. Do you think I have a chance to get 5 marks with a remark? Have any of you had a successful remark? Do you think it is worth it?
    Hi there,

Whether a remark will be successful or not can be down to many different factors, including:

The level you are studying at
    The subject you're studying
    What modules the subject has and what you got in each module

My advice to you would be: have you had a look at the different module grades in your ICT GCSE? Is it all coursework or is there an exam component?

When I did ICT at GCSE (though this was a few years back) I don't think there was anything to do with remarks, but I didn't need one anyway.

All I can say is: just remember that remarks can go down as well as up. If I was very close to the boundary, I might consider it, but at 76/100, I don't know whether you'll be successful or not. Hopefully someone else will have more knowledge than me about remarks though.

It is possible to get a higher grade though; I have seen things on here whereby students have had a remark and their grades have gone up to the next grade.

Hope that helps.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.