?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
What qualifications does everyone have?
PHIL
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That's a pretty random question isn't it?

Phil
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
GCSE

English Language (A), English Lit (A), Science: Double (A*/A*), French (B), Geography (A*), Maths (A*), Statistics (A), Food Technology (B), IT (A)

AS

Physics (B)

A Level

Maths
Further Maths
Geography
(results pending)

National Award for Basketball Table Officials:

Level 3
(the highest level available in this country, and hense the best paying).
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Expression
GCSE

Food Technology
what's that? i mean, what do u learn?!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
my qualifications
GCSE
Maths- A*
English Literature- A
English Language- A
Double Science- A* A*
Art- A*
French- A*
Latin- A*
Geog- A*
Religious Studies- A*

AS
English-A
Maths-A
Chemistry-A
Art-A

and proud of it
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Food Tech, AKA Cooking !

You learn the methods used in the food manufacturing industry, and about food safety, a bit about things like vitamins and stuff - then theres a coursework task which takes about 10 months, counting for 70 % of the final grade.

This involves making a food technology product, starting from the point of doing some small scale market research, meeting a specificiation, creating ideas, improving based on feedback, and then the importance of marketing.

A fair bit of time is spent on practical, and we made all sorts of sweets and savory dishes, as well as being treated by our member of staff to several "Continental Breakfasts", at the start and end of each half term !

Its a female dominated subject, as many males take Resistant Materials: Wood, Metal, Plastics or Automotive Engineering, or Graphics as their Design & Technology option.
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
GCSE:

English Lang: A
English Lit: A
French: A*
History: A
IT: A*
Maths: B
RE: B
Double Science: AA

Waiting for A Level results (Maths, Physics, French) and 1 AS (Further Maths).
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
Just curious but on your CV, how does everyone summarise their GCSE results. By that I mean do you list your subjects and the corresponding grades or do you write "GCSE's At Grades A-C" and then list your subjects??
tweetsy85
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Cool! I'd love to learn how to cook but have no idea where to start! (My gut instinct is to watch the cookery shows on telly...)
How come you chose this subject above the others? Your school offered well broad subjects! The most "exotic" GCSE we had was probably... hold on a sec, we didnt have any exotic subjects!
Jim Hull
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
wow, everyone who posted seems very intelligent!!

GCSE

Biology- B
Chemistry - B
Physics - B
English Lit - B
Maths - B
IT - A
Art - C
English - B
Graphics - B
German - D
History - C
RE - B

AS

IT
Biology
Physics
History
(Still pending)

OTHER

CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Assistant)
(Still pending)

As you can see I am very much a B grade student.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
GCSE;

Physics - A, Chemistry - A*, Biology - C, Maths - A*, English Lang - B, English Lit - A, Geography - A*, History - B, RS - B, French - A, Music - B, Systems & Control - C.

AS;

French - C
General Studies - B

A2;
Physics, Chemistry, Maths all pending
Nylex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Jim Hull
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Assistant)
That Cisco stuff sounds cool .
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Leekey
Just curious but on your CV, how does everyone summarise their GCSE results. By that I mean do you list your subjects and the corresponding grades or do you write "GCSE's At Grades A-C" and then list your subjects??
List them, looks far more impressive, plus if employers are looking for specific grade requirements for a certain subject this format allows quick and easy access to this information.
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Has anyone got M/S certification (any type)??

If so, how difficult was it and did you pay for it yourself or did your school / college /uni pay??

PS - My CV currently uses the "GCSE's At A-C" format but Im thinking of changing it to seemingly increase its "impressiveness".
It'sPhil...
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Pencil
What qualifications does everyone have?
why are ppl here so keen to tell everyone what amazing grades they have. fair enoiugh if your proud of the grades that youve worked hard (or not) to get but do we really need to no wot grades everone has

(ps i have 6A* 4A and aaaa at As )
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by tweetsy85
Cool! I'd love to learn how to cook but have no idea where to start! (My gut instinct is to watch the cookery shows on telly...)
How come you chose this subject above the others? Your school offered well broad subjects! The most "exotic" GCSE we had was probably... hold on a sec, we didnt have any exotic subjects!
At the end of Year 9, when I had my GCSE options I got the choice of (one required from each of the following sections):

A Modern Foreign Language
Either French or German

A Humanity
Geography, History, RS

A Design & Technology Subject
Food Technology
Graphic Products
Automotive Engineering
Textile Technology
Child Development
Resistant Materials: Metal, Plastic or Wood.

Bottom Option
Drama
The other MFL that was not chosen earlier
Information Technology
Art & Design

Statistics was offered by my Maths teacher to the top set at GCSE Maths, to be taught in after school lessons, seemed a bit noddy looking at it, so I took it !

IT was the obvious option from the bottom box, Food Tech I already had shown a passion for at KS3, and I saw the need for it for when I wanted to go to Uni, and for the future, so I took that.

As for the Basketball awards they weren't offered by the school, I attended two one-day sessions at Notts Trent University (Clifton) about 1 year apart of each other, sat 1 theory exam, 2 practical assessment series, and paid all of about £50, which has more than paid itself back.
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Im actually quite proud of my endless collection of B's. The only things I didnt get B's in were Maths (A) and History (A). I get the feeling that there is someone somewhere just paying the examining bodies just to ensure that I maintain a B average (this will not apply to my AS's which I will be impressed if I don't get a "U" average).
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok, this is easy.

I have none!
Leekey
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by a_musical_gal
Ok, this is easy.

I have none!
LIAR LIAR LIAR!!!!!

You have grades in the instruments you play. They are a qualification (essential for a music teacher).
Expression
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Leekey's right, you have plenty of musical qualifications, you should always make a point of acknowledging yourself for them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (345)
34.6%
No (652)
65.4%

Watched Threads