Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I would really appreciate some opinions!!
    I'm worried that my grades won't make me competitive enough to get me a place to study vet med, as I know many applicants have almost straight A*s. My B in Physics means that I won't get into Nottingham and one of the other colleges- will this grade have any other implications on my application?

I got 4A*, 5A and a B ~
    A*: Biology, Chemistry, Global Perspectives and Spanish
    A : French(getting remarked -1 UMS off A*), Maths, History, Eng Lit, Eng Lang
    B: Physics (hopefully being remarked also, as I'm 5 UMS off A)

My work experience portfolio is growing quickly, and I've done numerous science related competitions, as well as horse care/riding tests... Should I be worried about my GCSE grades??

• TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Vet School GCSE Requirements

Firstly, congrats on your grades, good job With regards to where you can apply, Surrey also want an A in phys sadly, but other than that you're fine. Hopefully the physics goes up with a remark anyway. You don't need straight A*s to apply, and I know people that have got in without any A*s at all. Just make sure you ace your A Levels and continue getting work experience.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)

Firstly, congrats on your grades, good job With regards to where you can apply, Surrey also want an A in phys sadly, but other than that you're fine. Hopefully the physics goes up with a remark anyway. You don't need straight A*s to apply, and I know people that have got in without any A*s at all. Just make sure you ace your A Levels and continue getting work experience.

Best of luck!
    Thank you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Little Tail Chaser)

Best of luck!
    Damn you're quick at replying.. beat me to it!

ReputationRep:
    I got into Bristol with those GCSE grades, you'll be fine! Like LTC said, just make sure you do well in your A-Levels and get as much work experience as you can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stripes23)
    I got into Bristol with those GCSE grades, you'll be fine! Like LTC said, just make sure you do well in your A-Levels and get as much work experience as you can.
    Thank you so much, I feel a lot better now!

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.