Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, I will begin my university in London this September (UCL) and am a little bit worried for my finances. I read that there are two main student cards that can be purchased to get discounts: the NUS card, the ISIC or the NUS card with the ISIC option (something like that).
    Now, should I buy one of those cards or my UCL Student card will function the same? If yes, which one should I buy considering that I am an international student?


    Hi! I got my card today and it's the ISIC card with the NUS option. I think it cost me 15 gbp. I think its definitely worth it for the discounts, though I haven't tried it yet. Your student ID card will get you discounts at stores and businesses familiar with students around campus, but it won't get you solid, consistent discounts.

    Hope this helps! Enjoy London
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.