Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My History grade surprised me.
    In my mocks i got a C.
    my coursework was stuck at a B.
    I was sure i would fail and even my teacher capped me and didn't bother teaching me how to get the top grades (until i asked.)

However I ended up with an a* overall despite my CW and full marks in paper 1! (I literally consumed the textbook and did every single past paper)

It might not sound like a big deal but I am so proud of myself and no one expected me to do so well. I was in shock.

What was your most surprising grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frappé)
    My History grade surprised me.
    In my mocks i got a C.
    my coursework was stuck at a B.
    I was sure i would fail and even my teacher capped me and didn't bother teaching me how to get the top grades (until i asked.)

However I ended up with an a* overall despite my CW and full marks in paper 1! (I literally consumed the textbook and did every single past paper)

It might not sound like a big deal but I am so proud of myself and no one expected me to do so well. I was in shock.

What was your most surprising grade?
    I did my GCSE's last year but mine would also be history - I got a D in my mock but full UMS in both exams? No clue how. This year for my AS exams it would be biology unit 2 - the aqa biology exams were awful this year and I legit thought I'd got an E or a U in unit 2 but somehow managed an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    firstly, well done!
    and i was really surprised with 2 subjects;
    first was statistics (its compulsory if you're in high maths sets) i never paid attention in class, got a B in my first mock and a C in my second mock. then for the official controlled assessment i got a C....and a high A in the paper, overall it came out to an A, I was ecstatic haha
    my other one was iGCSE business, i got a C and felt ridiculous, i thought i smashed it. but after a few minutes of research i saw that only 0.5%... yes 0.5% of EVERYONE across the globe who sat the business exam got an A*.. so eh whatever(;

both were done with minimal revision so that might be why

(Original post by Kokoloko)
    firstly, well done!
    and i was really surprised with 2 subjects;
    first was statistics (its compulsory if you're in high maths sets) i never paid attention in class, got a B in my first mock and a C in my second mock. then for the official controlled assessment i got a C....and a high A in the paper, overall it came out to an A, I was ecstatic haha
    my other one was iGCSE business, i got a C and felt ridiculous, i thought i smashed it. but after a few minutes of research i saw that only 0.5%... yes 0.5% of EVERYONE who sat the business exam got an A*.. so eh whatever(;

both were done with minimal revision so that might be why
    For positively surprised i'd say further additional Science, I had a C for coursework and a D in the mocks I ended up getting two A*s and an A. It averaged to an A though. = )

ReputationRep:
    I was surprised I got an A in italian with 1 UMS off an A* in the November mocks I got an E in the listening paper and managed to get an A in the real listening

ReputationRep:
    I was pleasantly surprised with French and Physics- definitely didn't think I got the grades I ended up with! 😅

ReputationRep:
    Business studies, messed around for the whole year and literally did zero work, all I played was Tetris and 8 ball pool with my friends, ended up being the only person in the school who sat the exam to get an a*

ReputationRep:
    AS Biology.
    Picked up the book 2 days before the exam and got a A.
    Got a U in my mock.

As for a bad surprise.
    AS maths.
    Got an A in mocks with no revision.
    Did like 5 past papers and got a C for the actual thing.

ReputationRep:
    Mine would be further maths. We only studied it for 5 months and even then I spent the whole time crying because I found it so hard. I got an A in the end! Well done on your grades guys

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.