How to get the best A2 grades Watch

sixthform987
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys,

I received my AS results and achieved ABBB. I was hoping to get AAAB, however this did not come to fruition.

At A2, I hope to further study chemistry, biology and psychology (AS grades of BBA).

At AS, I completed every single past paper to gain the perfect examination technique, and I achieved a large majority of A grades. Ultimately, where I went wrong, I learnt from my mistakes and tried to attempt the question again. I also completed examination and summary questions from Nelson Thornes and CGP books to get a better grounding on the content I learnt. I worked consistently from September right up to the exam as well.

However, I cannot understand where I went wrong. I knew that I would achieve a B grade in biology, after taking the exam, but A grades for the rest of my subjects.

How can I boost my A level grades to A*AA/AAA from AS grades of subjects that I am taking of ABB? Are there any specific revision tips for A2, and what should I do day-in, day-out to ensure that I get the aforementioned A2 grades?

Thanks,

sixthformer987
Louise66
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, sorry to hear you didn't get the results you were aiming for, however your results are still really great & im sure it will be possible to push them higher this year. Which exam boards are you doing for each subject?
LearnOnline
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi there,

Firstly, ABBB are great results for AS, so you should be proud to have achieved them You may find while studying A2 that some of your "AS knowledge" has a few gaps or needs to be improved upon (it is definitely worth going over some of your AS work before starting A2)

There are 2 options available to you to help you "boost" your grades.
1 - resit some/all AS modules to gain better marks
2 - achieve very high marks in your A2 to bring your overall grade up.

Whichever route you decide to take, you may find the help of an online tutor would allow you to ask extra questions and get some extra help that just isn't available in the classroom, it is something worth considering!

Good luck with your studies and I hope you get the results you need

M
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (762)
90.39%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (81)
9.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise