Turn on thread page Beta

Embarrassed about buying condoms watch

Where is the best place to buy condoms? Next week i will be losing my virginity but when I go in the shop to buy condoms it feels like everyone is staring. I don't even know what type to buy because I didn't know there were as many different types as there are. What type is best to buy if I want everything to go well and be as enjoyable as possible and so there is little chance of the condom splitting? Where is the best place to buy condoms?

ReputationRep:
    Not mature enough to buy condoms, not mature enough to have sex

(Original post by Eux)
    Not mature enough to buy condoms, not mature enough to have sex
    I'm 17, I am mature its just that it does feel like people are staring while I'm looking at condoms and I have no idea which type to buy.

ReputationRep:
    the wc

ReputationRep:
    Self service check out

ReputationRep:
    If you're embarrassed then use a supermarket with self scan tills.
    If it makes you feel better buy some "camouflage" items as well to ring up

So long as the till doesn't play up and the assistant has to come over, you'll be fine

(Original post by Hevachan)
    Self service check out
    The shop I was in didn't have self service but I think I will find somewhere that does. Thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    Go online

ReputationRep:
    Toilet vending machine? Or whats the problem with supermarket amongst a few other items of shopping? It will boost your credibility with the checkout girl anyway

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest buy with alcohol but you're 17 so just man up and buy them, I do it all the time and staff usually don't care anyway or if you really embarrassed by it go to a till with a man serving.

ReputationRep:
    I second/third/fourth (or whatever!) the self-service option at the supermarket. Maybe pick up a couple of other bits as well if you're worried about people looking into your basket, or about them thinking the only reason you're there is to buy them on the sly.

As far as which ones to buy, from personal experience and from what I've heard, Durex Extra Safe are probably the best ones to go for (as long as neither you/she is allergic to latex!) in terms of durability. Other varieties (flavoured/tingle/ribbed etc.) would be more suitable for once you're "ore active" and want to do something different on occasion. And don't forget some (water-based) lube *just in case* (look for either KY brand or store's own)... You don't want to abandon things because of difficulty getting in

There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

However, I would really recommend you get some from a sexual health clinic for free, save your money

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more embarrassed if I had a screaming death machine in 9 months

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm sounds like you're not ready no offence. Sex should just happen naturally you shouldn't plan it especially for your first time.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and don't forget to practise putting one on before the event. Nothing kills the mood more than fumbling for 5 minutes trying too get it on right whilst keeping "able" to put it on if you get my drift.

ReputationRep:
    Lol I buy condoms all the time it comes naturally to me

ReputationRep:
    You can get free condoms from my college :P Plus they have so many different flavours so yeah maybe ask your college?

ReputationRep:
    Who TF buys condoms
    I use a C card

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hevachan)
    Self service check out
    Don't you have to be sixteen, so the thing will buzz and call a staff member over?

First time I bought condoms, the middle aged female check out girl giggled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Don't you have to be sixteen, so the thing will buzz and call a staff member over?

First time I bought condoms, the middle aged female check out girl giggled.
    There's no age limit on condoms.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2018
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.