Turn on thread page Beta

What can I do if I get kicked out of sixth form due to low grades at AS? watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to go to university, but first I want to complete my A2 exams and I don't want to go to college.
    I have achieved CDEE for my grades, but I want to do medicine at university. I have done too much preparation for this to change my plans, and I know I will do much better if I retake my exams. Are there countries abroad that may accept me for university? If so, which would be the best? Maybe Japan, Germany, Iceland, etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterpan2)
    I want to go to university, but first I want to complete my A2 exams and I don't want to go to college.
    I have achieved CDEE for my grades, but I want to do medicine at university. I have done too much preparation for this to change my plans, and I know I will do much better if I retake my exams. Are there countries abroad that may accept me for university? If so, which would be the best? Maybe Japan, Germany, Iceland, etc...
    I don't mean to sounds harsh but i feel as if you need someone to say it, you aren't going to get into any medical schools with those grade (highly unlikely), have you not thought of a different course you might want to do?

ReputationRep:
    You can always go and work at Mac Donald's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley Williams)
    I don't mean to sounds harsh but i feel as if you need someone to say it, you aren't going to get into any medical schools with those grade (highly unlikely), have you not thought of a different course you might want to do?
    I've also been thinking about retaking using the fast track courses, then continue onto biomedical sciences....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterpan2)
    I've also been thinking about retaking using the fast track courses, then continue onto biomedical sciences....
    Biomedical sciences is good, it's a good set up then for graduate entry medicine, if you wanted to go that route. Anyway, i would apply to two lower, easier to get in medical schools and test your luck. A good interview (if you got one) can get you a long way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    You can always go and work at Mac Donald's
    yeah just remember to ask "would you like any sauce with that"

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.