Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know it's commonly repeated that all tutors are wonderful at Oxford, but I wondered if any current students could mention any sets of tutors that they particularly rate in their subject area?
    no ****ging off.....in case I get in trouble on TSR....just singing the praises of (!)
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    "no ****ging off" - disappointed TLG :getmecoat:

Big shout out to DG and MCS (music tutors at Merton and Univ respectively). Lovely people, good at teaching and very dedicated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by personage)
    I know it's commonly repeated that all tutors are wonderful at Oxford, but I wondered if any current students could mention any sets of tutors that they particularly rate in their subject area?
    no ****ging off.....just singing the praises of (!)
    My history tutors at Worcester and my economic history tutor at Jesus <3

So much love for these wonderful and patient people, without them I would have curled up in a ball and cried myself to sleep while surrounded by the tear sodden pages of Weber's Protestant Ethic.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by colourtheory)
    My history tutors at Worcester and my economic history tutor at Jesus <3

So much love for these wonderful and patient people, without them I would have curled up in a ball and cried myself to sleep while surrounded by the tear sodden pages of Weber's Protestant Ethic.
    I christened one of your tutors Sexy Bob. I shrieked his newly-appointed name a bit loudly one day as he was passing my building and promptly had to hide in case he was like :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I christened one of your tutors Sexy Bob. I shrieked his newly-appointed name a bit loudly one day as he was passing my building and promptly had to hide in case he was like :lolwut:

:lol: :giggle: I'm dying! Bob is such a silver fox, it's no wonder a couple girls in my year actually have a crush on him

I'm gonna holler that across the quad next time I see him!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :lol: :giggle: I'm dying! Bob is such a silver fox, it's no wonder a couple girls in my year actually have a crush on him

I'm gonna holler that across the quad next time I see him!
    Can't rep you :no: But I dare you to do that

ReputationRep:
    Can't rep you :no: But I dare you to do that
    If I'm feeling particularly brave one day I might write a dedication at the top of one of my essays to Sexy Bob Maybe in my final year when I can runaway and avoid his judgemental glares forever
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If I'm feeling particularly brave one day I might write a dedication at the top of one of my essays to Sexy Bob Maybe in my final year when I can runaway and avoid his judgemental glares forever
    Aw nooo, does he have judgemental glares? That makes TLG sad :sad:

School's Dinner is a good time for doing outrageous things. Or any other end of term dinner. Like at our last muso (cross-year) dinner at Bombay Restaurant in Jericho, we gave Prof RS a cactus :awesome: (There was some context to this but he didn't remember it and so was quite bemused :lol: )

ReputationRep:
    Balliol maths tutors are awesome

ReputationRep:
    Teddy Hall have a particularly good biomed tutor.

ReputationRep:
    Aw nooo, does he have judgemental glares? That makes TLG sad :sad:

School's Dinner is a good time for doing outrageous things. Or any other end of term dinner. Like at our last muso (cross-year) dinner at Bombay Restaurant in Jericho, we gave Prof RS a cactus :awesome: (There was some context to this but he didn't remember it and so was quite bemused :lol: )
    Only when I say something

Is Schools Dinner at the end of third year?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Only when I say something

Is Schools Dinner at the end of third year?
    Awww :console:

Yes it is. Tiz epic win at LIFE :banana: :party: Ours was particularly epic. Music shares with geography and we scared the poor geographers

ReputationRep:
    Awww :console:

Yes it is. Tiz epic win at LIFE :banana: :party: Ours was particularly epic. Music shares with geography and we scared the poor geographers
    I can't wait! Conrad and SB are both incredibly lazy party planners though, so we'll have to poke them to make sure they actually get stuff done!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Will reply via PM so that I don't take up the whole thread with my SB spam
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I could name quite a few of the medical tutors who were particularly good, but as the clinical years get fairly college independent I don't actually know which college many of them were attached to!

ReputationRep:
    Jesus Geog tutors are wonderful

ReputationRep:
    My main Classics tutor at Univ is just a total bae and is also the Dean so everyone is terrified of him but doesn't realise how much of a nice guy he really is. Also my language tutors at Univ and one at the faculty are really great.

My Philosophy tutor at Christ Church was really amazing! He is like a God on Aristotle though... I recently sent him an email about something and he replied using 'choc ice cream vs choc chip' as the analogy - it was fabulous.

ReputationRep:
    I studied history, and am more than happy to sing the praises of my lovely dissertation supervisor at Balliol, my wonderfully eccentric special subject tutor at Corpus, and then my optional subject tutor who's actually in the archaeology department, and who ended up being my master's supervisor! In general, anyone who did anything early medieval that I encountered tended to be lovely

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.