viven.elizebeth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was given an ensuite, single, catered room at college hall that i can't afford, which is 50 extra pounds per week/2000 pounds per year over my budget and im sure many other people are in a similar situation.

But Kings refuses to take any of this into account and won't let people swap until october - but even though i have someone willing to swap with me, how do i know they'll still want to switch in october, after they've already settled in and might fall in love with their accomodation? how do i know i won't be stuck with a room i can't afford? kings wont even let me switch into a cheaper room in my own accomodation, despite the fact i also found someone who was willing to do so.

worst of all, some people don't even get accommodation whatsoever and kings tells us so late that most decent, semi-affordable housing in central london or its surrounding areas is taken up. I only just found a decent room today (a spare room in a flat ) that is affordable and won't impoverish me, but its a 50 minute to 1 hour train commute every day. and now im also worried about being isolated and not meeting anyone

and ultimately, i might not go to kings at all if i cant find private housing and ill have to wait a year and reapply to other schools and hope they'll take me. there's my rant and if any of you have advice, itd be much appreciated
ImmyisasImmydoes
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
no advice I'm afraid but I'd agree they have been a right pain with the accommodation in general best of luck
RagaZ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
theyre f****** *****. there is a reason why King's student satisfaction is soo low, utterly regret picking them as my firm university
sunshinebeem
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by RagaZ)
theyre f****** *****. there is a reason why King's student satisfaction is soo low, utterly regret picking them as my firm university
Same
viven.elizebeth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by sunshinebeem)
Same
amen. i knew i should've picked UCL or edinburgh over king's (though i was swayed over by my department)

i just wish someone at kings would see this and realize how much they need to get their act together. most universities aren't THIS INFLEXIBLE..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (367)
84.17%
No (69)
15.83%

Watched Threads