Turn on thread page Beta

Do people grow up in Sixth Form/College? watch

ReputationRep:
    I went to a public school in a 'posh' area and all through secondary school i experienced self entitled little brats. I guess most if not all schools get this,it's just 90% of people at my school acted that way. Do people grow up,start respecting teachers and just behaving in general in sixth form/college?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, they are more mature, generally don't bully, act less like they're on high amounts of sugar and caffeine, don't look for much attention. Its still not huge difference, I'd say people are 50% better.

ReputationRep:
    More so in A2, but by then you're more or less bitter enough to have planned the death of everyone you know, but that might just be me.

It may have been an anomaly but the year 12s this year were proper little nobends who wouldn't shut up in the study areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmnesiacAndroid)
    More so in A2, but by then you're more or less bitter enough to have planned the death of everyone you know, but that might just be me.

It may have been an anomaly but the year 12s this year were proper little nobends who wouldn't shut up in the study areas.
    Jesus Christ, I've never known hatred like it.

A2 warps you.

I was a hair's breadth from going postal by the end of the second year. First Years are awful, they speak too loudly, they dress stupidly, there's too many of them and they refuse to understand queuing or not taking chairs when they're quite clearly being reserved.

But the worst part is their optimism. They're so happy. A close friend of mine had a brother a year younger, and every so often I'd sit alongside his first year friends because I knew a couple and they were okay. I mean, they were okay individually. You got them all together and they were gossipping, laughing, sharing "drama" like their lives were some kind of sitcom. While my friends and I just sat about quietly, yawning and occasionally asking about work, staring into space completely hollowed out.

It makes me happy to think that last year's Year 12's will be as empty and miserable as I was in 9 months time.

ReputationRep:
    Some do some don't, It is always amusing to have an idiot around to take alot of grim stuff what happens away

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.