Succedo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I go to a private school but I am financially aided as my parents have low income - we used to live in one of the roughest parts of the city. I'm not arrogant and I think it is unfair that the harsh reality is that sometimes your postcode can have an effect of your education albeit, if you try your hardest, universities always consider your background and how well you did in relation to it like Oxbridge for example.

However, don't you agree than IGCSEs are so much harder than the typical GCSEs? Like, GCSE students get mad when BTEC students say their workload is as hard as GCSEs so I wanted to have a little rant about IGCSEs anonymously on the internet.

IGCSES are so much harder. Thats why when on this forum you see : " I got 14 A*s" you can bet the majority were GCSE.

I do two GCSE courses and the rest IGCSE and the IGCSE is sooo much harder.
;/ thought?

Please dont be aggressive hehe
Mpagtches
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes, I completely agree
The IGCSE basically exists to make Britain look 'Great' to outsiders via qualifications, when the standard and rigour of GCSE's is actually pretty low

EDIT: I have reduced the font size and added in some smileys to make what I wrote look less aggressive
ScaredBanana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did one IGCSE and the rest GCSE, I found IGCSE easier and my mum, an english teacher, says that iGCSE English is easier for D/C borderline kids but for higher grades GCSE/iGCSE is pretty consistent as to who gets what grade. Perhaps that increase rigour comes from the school you attend opposed to the test you are taking ie one school places more pressure on students and then they attribute this to doing either GCSE or IGCSE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (89)
13.01%
1 (89)
13.01%
2 (88)
12.87%
18.86%
22.37%
19.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed