Maths & Applied Maths Watch

This discussion is closed.
Hawk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Is anyone of these better than the other?

I always thought it was just maths I was doing until I saw my Exam Entry Statement and it has an Applied Maths Cash-In.

I am doing P1, M1 & S1 for AS Applied Maths
[email protected]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hawk)

I always thought it was just maths I was doing until I saw my Exam Entry Statement and it has an Applied Maths Cash-In.

If you're doing P2 cash in AS maths. Better known than applied maths.
Emma Louise
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Hawk)

I think it depends on the exam board. When I did Edexcel I did exactly the same, P1, S1 and M1 and that was AS Mathematics. However, when I did OCR MEI the P1, S1 and M1 was Applied Mathematics. For MEI, I think you have to do P1 and P2 for it to become Mathematics and not Applied.
[email protected]
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Emma Louise)
I think it depends on the exam board. When I did Edexcel I did exactly the same, P1, S1 and M1 and that was AS Mathematics. However, when I did OCR MEI the P1, S1 and M1 was Applied Mathematics. For MEI, I think you have to do P1 and P2 for it to become Mathematics and not Applied.
Oh yes, thats true, it does depend on your exam board. You're quite right in saying if you cash in P1 and P2 and one other you'll not get applied maths if on MEI.

Hawk, which exam board are you on and which modules are you doing total?
Trevor 12345
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Emma Louise)
A combination of P1,S1 and M1 should be AS applied mathematics with edexcel.
Hawk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Katie Heskins)
Oh yes, thats true, it does depend on your exam board. You're quite right in saying if you cash in P1 and P2 and one other you'll not get applied maths if on MEI.

Hawk, which exam board are you on and which modules are you doing total?
CCEA (Northern Ireland)

I'm doing P1, M1 & S1 this year for AS

and P2, P3 & M2 next year for A2

I know the AS is definitly Applied Maths for CCEA

not sure what final A-Level will be.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (582)
80.17%
Leave (144)
19.83%

Watched Threads