Turn on thread page Beta

Math Studies IA advice: How do you get people to take your survey? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey peeps,

So I recently posted a thread on my Math IA survey here but it's being "reviewed" and I'm guessing it's something to do with me posting the link and asking people to take it.

Anywho, I would like to know how you guys are getting your data?

My Math Studies teacher wants 100 participants to take my survey for the IA, which is causing some difficulty for me because naturally, most people can't be bothered to do it. I've tried sending it to friends on sites like facebook and tumblr, I've tried emailing people directly, I've even tried various chat sites and forums and asking complete strangers to take it. By now I've probably reached out to over 300 people and yet only a few of them actually respond.

I currently have 50/100 participants so I have a long way to go.

Are there any other ways of getting the data? Any websites I should try out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashakappler)
    Hey peeps,

So I recently posted a thread on my Math IA survey here but it's being "reviewed" and I'm guessing it's something to do with me posting the link and asking people to take it.

Anywho, I would to know how you guys are getting your data?

My Math Studies teacher wants 100 participants to take my survey for the IA, which is causing some difficulty for me because naturally, most people can't be bothered to do it. I've tried sending it to friends on sites like facebook and tumblr, I've tried emailing people directly, I've even tried various chat sites and forums and asking complete strangers to take it. By now I've probably reached out to over 300 people and yet only a few of them actually respond.

I currently have 50/100 participants so I have a long way to go.

Are there any other ways of getting the data? Any websites I should try out?
    Hello, I think this site quarantines your posts when you're a new member to reduce spamming... presumably your post will appear when it's been approved.

there's a survey exchange forum here where you offer to complete other people surveys in exchange for them completing yours http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=319

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    Hello, I think this site quarantines your posts when you're a new member to reduce spamming... presumably your post will appear when it's been approved.

there's a survey exchange forum here where you offer to complete other people surveys in exchange for them completing yours http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=319
    I had no idea. Thanks!

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.