Turn on thread page Beta

Reapplying to firms for VS after being rejected this year for TC watch

ReputationRep:
    After a number of unsuccessful applications and interviews with firms I'm preparing myself for the LPC and still wish to apply to a number of firms I have been rejected from. I understand that a lot of firms will not consider an applicant for a TC for up to a year after rejection but is this also the case for applying to a winter VS?

Does this actually mean 12 months or just the next recruitment year? Using Slaughters as an example, I was unsuccessful at AC stage this month - can I apply as soon as the new recruitment window opens for their winter VS or have to wait 12 months?

Having reached the AC stage, do you think it is actually worth reapplying to a firm after rejection if you can prove further experience/development or do firms tend to put a 'black mark' by your name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beth4ny163)
    After a number of unsuccessful applications and interviews with firms I'm preparing myself for the LPC and still wish to apply to a number of firms I have been rejected from. I understand that a lot of firms will not consider an applicant for a TC for up to a year after rejection but is this also the case for applying to a winter VS?

Does this actually mean 12 months or just the next recruitment year? Using Slaughters as an example, I was unsuccessful at AC stage this month - can I apply as soon as the new recruitment window opens for their winter VS or have to wait 12 months?

Having reached the AC stage, do you think it is actually worth reapplying to a firm after rejection if you can prove further experience/development or do firms tend to put a 'black mark' by your name?
    It varies by firm, so it's difficult to generalise. Some firms are okay with you reapplying as long as you didn't get as far as final interview. Others have earlier cut-off points or none at all.

Formal policy aside, you would want to show progression in your CV since your previous application. If you're attending and failing ACs, however, it suggests that the main area requiring attention is not your CV.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.