Cal1999
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all,

I am about to begin Spanish at A-level, and I was wondering if people can supply me with A-level Spanish resources and any tips/ advice too.

I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you, and kind Regards.
dolphin9799
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cal1999)
Hi all,

I am about to begin Spanish at A-level, and I was wondering if people can supply me with A-level Spanish resources and any tips/ advice too.

I would really appreciate your help!

Thank you, and kind Regards.
I got an A* at GCSEs in Spanish and I've just got a C in AS Spanish. Which I was really annoyed about. nOt gonna lie, a level Spanish is very different and a lot more spontaneous. I Actually found the Spanish speaking less nerve wracking than the reading listening and writing. i Found the reading listening and writing really hard. Any advice would be make the most of your Spanish lesson so hilts you have yours soanish teachers speaking to you as that is the only chance you have to properly practice ur speaking. In terms of the listening reading and writing, try and do papers and listen to Spanish news online and read Spanish newspaper. The problem with a level Spanish is that they don't even have a set of vocabulary that you can learn, the vocab in your exam can literally be anything. But I hope I'm not putting you ofF! I've really enjoyed Spanish and I've learnt to speak a lot more fluently. I hope that helps!
alex.atherton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just got B in AS Spanish and I got an A at GCSE. It's really fun to learn the language, but it is very difficult, and I agree with dolphin above, the reading writing and listening was much harder. However I still highly recommend it, I enjoyed it a lot.

If you have a smart phone there's a great language learning app called Duolingo. There's multiple languages on there to chose from, including Spanish. It has reading, listening, writing and speaking activities but it's also really fun to use. It's great for beginners and for anyone who's already started learning as they test your ability at the start and go from there. I would really recommend it and I wish I'd used it more while revising.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (563)
34.12%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (680)
41.21%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.12%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.55%

Watched Threads