REFUSAL OF ENTRY CLEARANCE - Urgent Advice Watch

caballero.calle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello!

My name is Elena, I am an international student, and had been accepted at the University of Manchester for a Msc on International Development, which I am very excited about.

Nevertheless, this friday my 4 Tier Visa application was refused because a misinterpretation on my bank statements the person in charge read the date of the statement wrongly and thought I didn't have the total amount of money in my bank account for 28 days. I had been reading some internet forums which tell me that sometimes applying for a administrative review can take much more time than applying for the VISA again, so I am apply again. Nevertheless, I am worried that the University could take too many days to issue my new CAS number. Do you know how much does the University need in order to get the new CAS?

Also, does any one else is going through something similar, or had gone through something similar last year?

Also, if I really can't make it to the limit date to initiate my studes this year, do you know if I can hold my place for next year? :'( I am really worried about this, Nearly all my savings are invested in this project, and I am really worried about loosing this year, but would feel a bit relieved if I could hold my place, in case everything else goes wrong.

Thank you very much for all your advice, please, if you have any information anything helps
Origami Bullets
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by caballero.calle)
Hello!

My name is Elena, I am an international student, and had been accepted at the University of Manchester for a Msc on International Development, which I am very excited about.

Nevertheless, this friday my 4 Tier Visa application was refused because a misinterpretation on my bank statements the person in charge read the date of the statement wrongly and thought I didn't have the total amount of money in my bank account for 28 days. I had been reading some internet forums which tell me that sometimes applying for a administrative review can take much more time than applying for the VISA again, so I am apply again. Nevertheless, I am worried that the University could take too many days to issue my new CAS number. Do you know how much does the University need in order to get the new CAS?

Also, does any one else is going through something similar, or had gone through something similar last year?

Also, if I really can't make it to the limit date to initiate my studes this year, do you know if I can hold my place for next year? :'( I am really worried about this, Nearly all my savings are invested in this project, and I am really worried about loosing this year, but would feel a bit relieved if I could hold my place, in case everything else goes wrong.

Thank you very much for all your advice, please, if you have any information anything helps
I'm no visa expert, but the university has people who know the visa system inside out, so I would suggest getting in touch with the university, both to ask for advice (they want you there just as much as you want to be there!) and to let them know what's going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
caballero.calle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Origami Bullets)
I'm no visa expert, but the university has people who know the visa system inside out, so I would suggest getting in touch with the university, both to ask for advice (they want you there just as much as you want to be there!) and to let them know what's going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you for your advice I had already wrote them, just waiting for Monday in order to get an answer, but still feeling very worried
Amy Hwang
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
First of all, Elena! don't worry too much!

I am also starting my master program (ICT4D) at the University of Manchester(UoM) from this September

I believe administrative staffs of your cluster would sort out your problem as fast they can.

Not exactly the same situation.. I had a problem with graduation and needed to submit an official letter from home university which was equivalent to my graduation cerfiticate. The thing was the person in charge of my home unversity procrastinated. When I managed to get the letter from her, it was already August.

After sending the letter to the UoM, I was very anxious about getting CAS number. Surprisingly, on the very day I emailed the letter, I got a reply containing my CAS number.

My bottom line is to generare a new CAS number nornally does not take too much time. My case.. it took just a few hours. No idea about reissuing it but as a rule of thumb, 1-3 working days?

Lastly, when I was struggling with getting the letter from my home university, I also asked if I could postpone my enrollment for one year. The staff said UoM can easily defer my offer until next year

Good luck to you and hope to see you in person this year!

Amy from South Korea

P.S I studied in Leiden before so Holland is always near and dear to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
caballero.calle
Rep:
?
Phew, It got solved, I applied for a review and they gave me the VISA. Thank for the concern!!!
waitairai
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey may I know how long the administrative review took? I got my visa rejected recently and my school is starting soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (683)
90.82%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (69)
9.18%

Watched Threads