Turn on thread page Beta

can/should i quit my job at argos? watch

ReputationRep:
    i started to work at argos last week and i just read my contract and it says 6 hours weekly and i only get paid £5.27 an hour, so i dont even get £200 a month, i get paid under, i start uni net year and i want to save, do you think if i apply for tesco argos will let me leave? i heard tesco give about £500 for a 16 hour contract which is okay hours for an a2 student and i can do overtime whenever i want.... HELP PLEASE, (on the argos contract notice period says under 4 weeks but can i leave straight away?)

ReputationRep:
    If you leave straight away you might need to pay some penalty fee. 5.27 is not much but it depends on your age too.
    I worked as a waiter during my holiday for 6.50 an hour, approximately 24-28 hours a week, I didn't like it and the money is not a lot, but I got enough money now to sustain myself during uni year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebastianMar1994)
    If you leave straight away you might need to pay some penalty fee. 5.27 is not much but it depends on your age too.
    I worked as a waiter during my holiday for 6.50 an hour, approximately 24-28 hours a week, I didn't like it and the money is not a lot, but I got enough money now to sustain myself during uni year.
    How much do you think the fee will be? and how long should i wait? would i be able to leave in 3 months? and im 17, 18 in 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    You went get a fee... But don't expect a reference from them lol you can leave whenever you want without notice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.