Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    So I will be studying:

A Level Maths
    A Level Physics
    A Level Biology
    A Level Chemistry

How many hours a day after college should I dedicate to the subjects ?

I will be starting in September, do you have any advice on anything that I should learn before I start any of these subjects ?

Any tips ?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I have no tips on those specific subjects as I didn't do any but I would say from what my friends have said about them, they are very challenging which I'm sure you know. Generally you should be working at a rate you are comfortable with, there is no set time as everyone's different but giving as much time as you can is required. Making sure you are up to date with notes made, making sure you've done them after each lesson/week of lessons. The worst thing you could do is start revising 2 weeks before the exam as you will regret it undoubtedly unless you remember a lot of it. Making notes is essential throughout the year to remember information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    Hi,
    So I will be studying:

A Level Maths
    A Level Physics
    A Level Biology
    A Level Chemistry

How many hours a day after college should I dedicate to the subjects ?

I will be starting in September, do you have any advice on anything that I should learn before I start any of these subjects ?

Any tips ?

Thanks
    I did exactly the same subjects as you and there is no specific 'amount' in hours. It's generally about how much content you can go through.

ReputationRep:
    I was always told in college that you are expected to spend the same amount of hours studying at home as you spend in lessons. These hours of course include both homework and extra revision. Just do your best to organize properly, do not overwork yourself, and take breaks when you need to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioStudentx)
    I did exactly the same subjects as you and there is no specific 'amount' in hours. It's generally about how much content you can go through.
    Would you recommend doing anything (which topics to read up on etc) before starting these subjects ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by money-for-all)
    Would you recommend doing anything (which topics to read up on etc) before starting these subjects ?
    I started during the summer holidays because I knew which exam board I was doing (Ik slightly sad). I got 4As so it obviously worked. I already had the books because I knew which exam boards we were doing. Reading ahead has always worked well for me.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.