Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hiya
    I had a plan to apply for a PGCE starting in September, however when I got down to the actual application there were no vacancies left on the course I want to do, so I decided to give myself (another) gap year and apply in autumn for it. While doing some reading up on the course in preparation for next year I notice the course is in clearing so I have the smallest glimmer of hope that I might be studying in a few weeks which would be my actual dream.

I havent yet made an application through UCAS and I need to contact the university in the morning to approach them about getting onto the course.

Does anyone have any advice for how to sound better on the phone, or improve my application or just help me through this process? I appreciate any comments!

Thanks so much, Emma

ReputationRep:
    Just be professional and calm. When they ask you why you want to do the course, have a prepared answer. Have all your results and grades with you, so you can answer any questions in that respect. Mainly, just try to relax- I've done clearing phone calls before and they are fairly straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I'm pretty nervous but I shall do my best, spent all evening tweaking my PS in case I need it. Now its too short!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma91:))
    Thank you! I'm pretty nervous but I shall do my best, spent all evening tweaking my PS in case I need it. Now its too short!
    Don't worry, if you've worked hard on it I'm sure it'll be fine! Mine was a bit short and I still got on the course. Hope everything went well for you

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.