Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey basically at my highschool we have mocks in summer yr 10 and winter yr 11 and i know that our predicted grades that get sent to the colleges we apply for along with our references are based off of our results in mocks.

i just wanted to know if anyone knew whether the predicted grades are based on yr 10 summer mocks or yr 11 winter mocks as i didnt do as well as i had hoped on my summer mocks, so the predicted grades that came as a result of them are not as high as i think i have the potential to do. preferably the pred grades would be based off of winter mocks and it seems to make more sense.

please leave a reply if you know
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vachall)
    Hey basically at my highschool we have mocks in summer yr 10 and winter yr 11 and i know that our predicted grades that get sent to the colleges we apply for along with our references are based off of our results in mocks.

i just wanted to know if anyone knew whether the predicted grades are based on yr 10 summer mocks or yr 11 winter mocks as i didnt do as well as i had hoped on my summer mocks, so the predicted grades that came as a result of them are not as high as i think i have the potential to do. preferably the pred grades would be based off of winter mocks and it seems to make more sense.

please leave a reply if you know
    thanks
    Mine were based on my year nine grades and my year ten winter mocks. It depends on your school I think x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emzn)
    Mine were based on my year nine grades and my year ten winter mocks. It depends on your school I think x
    if mine are based on year ten im ****ed

but we didnt have mocks in winter year ten so it is probably different

ReputationRep:
    Not too sure but at my school apparently all of your levels are put into a system at the end of each year (even our year 6 SATs apparently) and our predicted grades (or minimum target grades) were computer generated, a lot of our class tests were put in as well and all of our mocks were put in too. That meant that some of our predicted grades changed from the beginning of year 10. Not sure how your school does theirs but I hope this helped

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.