Turn on thread page Beta

Breast enlargement?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so here's the details. I am currently a 34D/DD (depending where I shop) and I lack in confidence in the boob department.

I have been looking into boob jobs for a while but would like some real life peoples opinions/experiences.

Please consider this is a very sensitive topic for me, so be nice, even if you don't like the idea.

ReputationRep:
    What size do you want to go up to? I mean DD is quite ideal for a lot of women

ReputationRep:
    your breasts are already quite big lol, I'm a C/D cup and I'm quite happy. but if you really want larger then go for it, however keep in mind that they can cause back problems in the future and are usually very pricey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Boobs are disgusting and all boobs should be removed asap!

My constructive advice is to Just do whatever makes you happy. Now I have given a constructive advice I cannot get a warning for this

ReputationRep:
    I am a 30b and perfectly happy, can't believe you want them bigger! Being on an operating table should really be something we try to avoid. But if you're that upset by your boobs...

ReputationRep:
    DD is pretty big. Consider your body type and financial situation. Bigger boobs are heavier. Heavier chests can equal back problems. Plus, breast implants carry a fair amount of problems on their own, even if it's not just due to weight (you should research this, I've not got information on the complications it might entail). If paying for them would also mean you would have to take out loans, go without necessities, etc you really need to consider if it's worth the financial trouble it might cause.

I personally don't like breast implants but that's more because I wish they weren't necessary.

ReputationRep:
    Also take into consideration that breast implants have to be replaced on average of every 10 years (something a lot of people don't realise) that is a large financial commitment to take. Then you have to take into account the scarring. This will vary depending on the type of procedure you go through, you'll also have to take into account recovery time and possible complications. It's a big decision and not something you can decide on a whim....which unfortunately too many people do.

(Original post by amylou12345)
    Ok, so here's the details. I am currently a 34D/DD (depending where I shop) and I lack in confidence in the boob department.

I have been looking into boob jobs for a while but would like some real life peoples opinions/experiences.

Please consider this is a very sensitive topic for me, so be nice, even if you don't like the idea.
    How do you lack confidence in the boob department when you're a D/DD? Not trying to be rude or anything because it's your life but you've already got big boobs and getting bigger boobs can cause so many problems...

ReputationRep:
    It's your body, I think a DD is more than enough but whatever makes you happy. As long as you don't get it done on the NHS then go nuts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If that's you in the picture, they look plenty big enough and fake is an automatic no for me

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately, such a decision can only be made by you. It's your body, and it's your choice. I know it's easy to say, but I think you should be more confident in your body, OP.

Once done, there is no real way to reverse it, since there's scarring, and the fact that the nipple would have to be taken off and moved, and whatever. Sure, the implant can be removed, but then everything would have to be moved. A lot of implants leave scarring. Would this affect your body confidence more? There can be a lot of complications as well. If for example, a silicone implant was to rupture, it could leak into your blood and give you all sorts of problems, and pains and stuff.

If you go down the implant route, they must not be too big, and must be in keeping with your body type. If you go down that route, you have to get them done properly. Being brutally honest, a well done breast implant should look and feel...real. Not bolted on and done cheap. There's honestly no point getting poorer quality ones, which rupture, or aren't done properly, where you then have to fork out more money and go through more corrective operations at potential costs to yourself. Every time you'd be under the knife and taking the anaesthetic, something could go wrong. I don't mean to scare you, thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of women across the world have elective breast enlargement surgery. Probably a similar number have elective breast reductions too.

Take the time to address all options. Which implant type would be best? Saline? Silicone? What shape should they be? Where should they be? I'm not a plastic surgeon, so I wouldn't know, but these are a few things that you may have to keep in mind. Could you get it on the NHS? If not, where else could you get it from? How will you finance them?

If it should help your body confidence, that size is in keeping with well known celebrities such as Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez,Rhianna,Rosie Huntington-Whiteley,Scarlett Johansson,Kim Kardashian,Gwyneth Paltrow, Kate Upton, Taylor Swift, Gisele Bundchen, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, Jessica Simpson, Jennifer Aniston, Penelope Cruz,Heidi Klum, Lady Gaga,Lindsay Lohan, Nicki Minaj andLana Del Rey.

Not going to lie, I don't know half of them, or what they are famous for, but they sound pretty famous.

ReputationRep:

I love enhanced boobs whether the look natural or not, they're better than real breasts in my opinion. I think people who automatically say that fake breasts are bad don't know what they're talking about and seem stuck up. Like others have said 34D/DD is quite big but, if you want to go bigger then you should if it will make you happy. You should consider joining a gym because one famous woman who has gigantic 164XXX breasts by the name of Chelsea Charms has no back pain because she exercises her upper back.

There are websites like "theperfectboobs.net" that cater to women who get the surgery and from what I've gathered online most are happy that they went through with it with only the unsure ones or the people who didn't genuinely want it/did it for the wrong reasons regretting it later. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat more about, I'm happy to talk.

ReputationRep:

The ****? How can you lack confidence when already a 34DD? You're obviously quite slim by that size which means that they will appear even larger.

ReputationRep:

Judging by your Avi you are perfectly proficient in the breast department

ReputationRep:
    Breast looks fuller and rounder and I feel more comfortable with my body.great result attained by boop pop.

ReputationRep:
    that's quite big, i wouldn't get a boob job because most people still don't like the way they look afterwards and would you really be doing it for yourself or for the approval of others? honestly girl save your money and just learn to love them, i have a/b cup boobs and i used to hate them and cry about them but now i actually love them and would never change them!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.