The Student Room Group

Sudden severe pain in my neck

Since yesterday morning I have been unable to move my neck without the left side of my neck being in agony. I didn't go to sleep at all last night as I couldn't lie down without being in agony. I have been getting bad headaches for a couple of weeks aswell.
I am going to the doctors tomorrow but I was just wondering what you thought could be causing the pain?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Bump
This could be a case of Torticollis. Though I could be wrong so please don't quote me.
But going of the fact that you said the pain can after you woke up it's what I would assume.
The pain usually only lasts 4 - 7 days but it's extremely painful during this time.
However it is a good thing you are going to the doctors as your symptoms could be a sign of meningitis.
Reply 3
Original post by FrancescaLou
This could be a case of Torticollis. Though I could be wrong so please don't quote me.
But going of the fact that you said the pain can after you woke up it's what I would assume.
The pain usually only lasts 4 - 7 days but it's extremely painful during this time.
However it is a good thing you are going to the doctors as your symptoms could be a sign of meningitis.

Thanks. I just came back from the doctors and she told me to just take painkillers and the pain will go soon. She didn't even examine my neck properly. If it was meningitis how fast would the symptoms progress?

Quick Reply

Latest