The Student Room Group

Can I become an investment banker

I'm 23, never had a job, got an A* and two As in A level physics chem and maths, got C in GCSE English, been NEET for 4 years.
neet for 4 years is gonna screw you. i wouldnt say you would get into most things not mind ib
Reply 2
Why the interest in investment banking? (curious)
Reply 3
Original post by sqwertylol
neet for 4 years is gonna screw you. i wouldnt say you would get into most things not mind ib

Thought so.

Original post by iAmanze
Why the interest in investment banking? (curious)

Well I tried university when I was 18 and thoroughly hated it so I figured if I am going to suffer that again I may as well aim for the biggest payout.
Reply 4
Try to enroll on some trading or brokerage firm's training scheme. Start it from there and you could get a job in the city. Although I'm not talking about IBD.
Reply 5
Might be worth flogging your soul on Gumtree before you apply, it'll only disintegrate when you start working there.
Reply 6
Original post by jape
Might be worth flogging your soul on Gumtree before you apply, it'll only disintegrate when you start working there.

Lol. I read about the job, I don't want to do it anymore.
Reply 7
Original post by Plutonian
Lol. I read about the job, I don't want to do it anymore.

What the job description doesn't tell you (and I don't know why, it's the main attraction) is the bare dolla you'll get for doing it. It'll be like a really low-budget rap video, except it will be your life.
Reply 8
Original post by jape
What the job description doesn't tell you (and I don't know why, it's the main attraction) is the bare dolla you'll get for doing it. It'll be like a really low-budget rap video, except it will be your life.

I still don't want to do it, there has got to be an easier way to make money. Maybe my saucer will catch on?
Reply 9
I still don't want to do it, there has got to be an easier way to make money. Maybe my saucer will catch on?

I hope you aren't trying to tell me you've invented a small plate upon which you rest a teacup.
You can try Deloitte.. They're a pretty big corporation and you can try their school leavers program..
Have a look at this.. hope this helps :smile:
http://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/careers/articles/brightstart-school-leavers.html
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by jape
I hope you aren't trying to tell me you've invented a small plate upon which you rest a teacup.

No it's a legit flying saucer.

Original post by Bustamove
You can try Deloitte.. They're a pretty big corporation and you can try their school leavers program..
Have a look at this.. hope this helps :smile:
http://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/careers/articles/brightstart-school-leavers.html

wow thanks for this. not having to go to university is a massive bonus. What do I do about the 4 year unemployment though?
RRGH why the **** didnt my school tell me abotu this ****? all those ****ers cared about was saying they got kids into rg universities
(edited 8 years ago)

wow thanks for this. not having to go to university is a massive bonus. What do I do about the 4 year unemployment though?

well, if you do apply for this internship, you're gonna have to prepare for this question...did you do any volunteering at all? did you go travelling? what did you actually do for 4 years? were you still studying? if you tell me, I'll try and help you BS to make it sound like you did something productive..

Edit= by the way, my school didn't tell me this.. no one told me this, I found this out my self in my gap year... but I agree, schools should tell students about stuff like this
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Bustamove
well, if you do apply for this internship, you're gonna have to prepare for this question...did you do any volunteering at all? did you go travelling? what did you actually do for 4 years? were you still studying? if you tell me, I'll try and help you BS to make it sound like you did something productive..

Edit= by the way, my school didn't tell me this.. no one told me this, I found this out my self in my gap year... but I agree, schools should tell students about stuff like this

ok I'll PM you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending