username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
how likely is it that i could be predicted a grade up from what I got in AS? I really wanted to be predicted AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
username2110825
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by bubblegumcat)
how likely is it that i could be predicted a grade up from what I got in AS? I really wanted to be predicted AAB

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends on a number of factors:
1. How high your grade was (e.g. if you got a low B you probably wouldn't be predicted an A, but if it was a mid-high B you might be able to)
2. How you did on tests during the year (e.g. if you got As during the tests in the year, and then get a B, you might be alright)
3. How flexible/willing your teachers/departments are to raise up your grade
4. If you can prove to your teachers, especially in the first term, that you're doing well enough to be able to be predicted a grade higher, they probably will
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by SkyRees)
Depends on a number of factors:
1. How high your grade was (e.g. if you got a low B you probably wouldn't be predicted an A, but if it was a mid-high B you might be able to)
2. How you did on tests during the year (e.g. if you got As during the tests in the year, and then get a B, you might be alright)
3. How flexible/willing your teachers/departments are to raise up your grade
4. If you can prove to your teachers, especially in the first term, that you're doing well enough to be able to be predicted a grade higher, they probably will
ok thanks, well I got BBC in psychology, chemistry and maths. in psychology I was doing well throughout the year but I was shocked to find I got a low B. I'm gonna retake a unit and try and get it up to an A, hopefully bring overall AS to an A but I want to be predicted an A as well....in chemistry I want to be predicted an A as well and my teachers thought I wouldn't do well but I got a B which is a big jump from what I got in my mock so do you think they will predict me a grade up? and maths I was disappointed with my grade but I got a high C so I'm gonna retake a unit to try and bring my AS grade to a B, do you think they'll predict me a B in maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (207)
43.86%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (54)
11.44%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (100)
21.19%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (48)
10.17%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.72%

Watched Threads