The Student Room Group

Regarding Rejecting an Insurance and going into Clearing. Help

Hey there,
Okay this is a serious question and i would like some helpful feedback regarding the situation.

I was declined by my Firm University (call it A) and got my Insurance Offer (call it B) to study Biomedical Sciences due to me missing the grades of the firm choice.

I got ACD (With A in FRench, C in Biology and D in Chemistry) however my Insurance still took me (initial offer BBB) but now they are not helping much with accommodation and are an Outside of London University. ( I live in London)

It is really frustrating because their housing team sound unsympathetic and don't want to help me. They just want me to look for private housing on their house hunting schemes but haven't got any luck so far.

I callled up my firm on Results Day on their clearing team for my Course as their requirements lowered. They were going to consider me even though I had a D in Chemistry but i was foolish to mention they were my firm before.
The lady was then like she cannot help me as my application was already considered before I got rejected. :frown:

It sounds to me like they were happy to give someone else the place with the same grades as me who are into clearing.

I was thinking is it worth calling the University that has my course on clearing still and see if they are willing to accept me?
Also, is it too risky to then ask my insurance to release me into clearing.

The firm University i was going to even offers accommodation for Clearing students, that's why i am so keen to go there.

Please help :frown: I'm so stressed right now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending