Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,
    Okay this is a serious question and i would like some helpful feedback regarding the situation.

I was declined by my Firm University (call it A) and got my Insurance Offer (call it B) to study Biomedical Sciences due to me missing the grades of the firm choice.

I got ACD (With A in FRench, C in Biology and D in Chemistry) however my Insurance still took me (initial offer BBB) but now they are not helping much with accommodation and are an Outside of London University. ( I live in London)

It is really frustrating because their housing team sound unsympathetic and don't want to help me. They just want me to look for private housing on their house hunting schemes but haven't got any luck so far.

I callled up my firm on Results Day on their clearing team for my Course as their requirements lowered. They were going to consider me even though I had a D in Chemistry but i was foolish to mention they were my firm before.
    The lady was then like she cannot help me as my application was already considered before I got rejected.

It sounds to me like they were happy to give someone else the place with the same grades as me who are into clearing.

I was thinking is it worth calling the University that has my course on clearing still and see if they are willing to accept me?
    Also, is it too risky to then ask my insurance to release me into clearing.

The firm University i was going to even offers accommodation for Clearing students, that's why i am so keen to go there.

Please help I'm so stressed right now.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.