gck123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Need advice from anyone who did chemistry at A2?

I completed chemistry AS and had hoped to do medicine, but I didn't do as well in my chemistry than my other 3 subjects.

I am wondering now should I drop chemistry - and is there any way i could do medicine without chemistry? Or should i keep on chemistry aswell as my other 3 subjects and repeat my 3 AS exams? And is chemistry A2 any more difficult?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Pomum96
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by gck123)

I completed chemistry AS and had hoped to do medicine, but I didn't do as well in my chemistry than my other 3 subjects.

I am wondering now should I drop chemistry - and is there any way i could do medicine without chemistry? Or should i keep on chemistry aswell as my other 3 subjects and repeat my 3 AS exams? And is chemistry A2 any more difficult?

All of my friends who applied for medicine did A2 chemistry. But I can only really answer your last question: all your subjects will get harder at A2 but you may enjoy the more in depth stuff. I bet you could handle resitting 2 of your AS modules, 3 might feel ridiculous. I advise you to only do 3 subjects at A2. Sorry im not much help but good luck
ForgottenApple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

if you want medicine no, I'm pretty sure it's required. Repeat exams, last chance to work hard though as I think med schools require a levels to be completed in just two years.

Chemistry A2 is a lot harder.
gck123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by ForgottenApple)
if you want medicine no, I'm pretty sure it's required. Repeat exams, last chance to work hard though as I think med schools require a levels to be completed in just two years.

Chemistry A2 is a lot harder.
thank you, is there any other way I could apply to medicine if I repeated all 4 and didnt get the required grades? such as graduate entries?etc
ForgottenApple
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
thank you, is there any other way I could apply to medicine if I repeated all 4 and didnt get the required grades? such as graduate entries?etc
Um not sure, if you resit and get good grades think you're golden, if not you might be ****ed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (203)
62.08%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.67%
No- I want it (89)
27.22%
No- I don't want it (23)