Turn on thread page Beta

Any married couples within your sixth form? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just sitting here, pondering life. The thought occurred to me - it's quite possible for there to be a married couple within a sixth form, say, two 17 year olds getting married having been childhood sweethearts. My sixth form was quite big, and there weren't any, so was wondering if anyone had any experience of this? Like, would there be teacher as the wedding? If they were sat together in class chatting, would the teacher separate them? On the one hand the teacher could, but on the other hand, its very odd, the idea of someone else separating you from your wife/husband. Imagine the awkwardness in class if they got divorced?
    I'm not sure why I'm so intrigued by this - Monday Night Musings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miledd)
    Just sitting here, pondering life. The thought occurred to me - it's quite possible for there to be a married couple within a sixth form, say, two 17 year olds getting married having been childhood sweethearts. My sixth form was quite big, and there weren't any, so was wondering if anyone had any experience of this? Like, would there be teacher as the wedding? If they were sat together in class chatting, would the teacher separate them? On the one hand the teacher could, but on the other hand, its very odd, the idea of someone else separating you from your wife/husband. Imagine the awkwardness in class if they got divorced?
    I'm not sure why I'm so intrigued by this - Monday Night Musings.
    There were 2 people in my 6th form that were engaged i think or at least he proposed to her ... i don't know what happened after x)

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    :lolwut:
    whoops, you're right - sunday night.

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of married 17 year olds but none where both of the partners go to the same sixth form
    this is mainly cus its usually a 17 y/o girl marrying a 22 y/o guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletXxXRose)
    this is mainly cus its usually a 17 y/o girl marrying a 22 y/o guy
    Sounds ideal.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    My old best friend went to a college (not naming which in case some know her which is likely lol) and she got engaged within 3 months of meeting this guy. Apparently he sold something to get her a weird ring and then they told everyone that they broke up so that they could get married in peace.

Not sure what's happened though, stopped communicating once her life seemed to get a little ****ed up from the engagement and her involvment in weird things.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 25, 2015
Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.