The Student Room Group

Subjects to take at A2 level.

Hi! So I got my AS results somewhat recently. Here's what I got.

Bio - A
Chem - A
Math - A
Physics - C (unit 1 D, unit 2 B, unit 3 A)

I'm definitely retaking physics unit 1. But I was wondering if I should drop A2 physics cause I didn't do physics at GCSE and A2 any subject is pretty difficult.

The course I'm looking at for uni is medical genetics at Sheffield. The typical offer is AAA but I don't have any extra curriculars or stuff like that and I don't want to lose out since they get 7 applicants per place.

Will having an extra A level help? Or is just an AS level good enough to give me an edge?
(edited 8 years ago)
bro dont drop physics just because u didnt do it in gcses, the only thing i remember from gcse physics is moments and efficiency, if you want to drop physics make sure u have a good enough reason, or keep it
Reply 2
I'd drop physics, purely on the grounds that you're clearly not as good at it as you are at the others.
Do what you're interested in, will help you score well and will meet the entry requirements.
Reply 4
Original post by jonnypdot
bro dont drop physics just because u didnt do it in gcses, the only thing i remember from gcse physics is moments and efficiency, if you want to drop physics make sure u have a good enough reason, or keep it

Well, I got a C at it and all subjects become more difficult at A2. I just don't know if those are 'good enough' reasons to drop it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending