Subjects to take at A2 level. Watch

jackien1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi! So I got my AS results somewhat recently. Here's what I got.

Bio - A
Chem - A
Math - A
Physics - C (unit 1 D, unit 2 B, unit 3 A)

I'm definitely retaking physics unit 1. But I was wondering if I should drop A2 physics cause I didn't do physics at GCSE and A2 any subject is pretty difficult.

The course I'm looking at for uni is medical genetics at Sheffield. The typical offer is AAA but I don't have any extra curriculars or stuff like that and I don't want to lose out since they get 7 applicants per place.

Will having an extra A level help? Or is just an AS level good enough to give me an edge?
Last edited by jackien1; 3 years ago
jonnypdot
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
bro dont drop physics just because u didnt do it in gcses, the only thing i remember from gcse physics is moments and efficiency, if you want to drop physics make sure u have a good enough reason, or keep it
jape
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'd drop physics, purely on the grounds that you're clearly not as good at it as you are at the others.
alleycat393
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do what you're interested in, will help you score well and will meet the entry requirements.
jackien1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by jonnypdot)
bro dont drop physics just because u didnt do it in gcses, the only thing i remember from gcse physics is moments and efficiency, if you want to drop physics make sure u have a good enough reason, or keep it
Well, I got a C at it and all subjects become more difficult at A2. I just don't know if those are 'good enough' reasons to drop it
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (282)
92.46%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (23)
7.54%

Watched Threads