2015 Cardiff Uni Graduate happy to answer any questions on the city, uni, etc...

Watch
Daniellecorni5h
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey,
Thought people due to come to Cardiff might be looking for someone to question, so here I am. I just graduated this July from a four year psychology sandwich course at Cardiff Uni. In my first year I lived in Talybont south halls and then for the three other years in various shared houses in Cathays and Roath.

Fire away
TeaAndSugar
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll be doing a MSc there in september in Neuroimaging, so it overlaps with the psych department Did you find the staff were very supportive?
Daniellecorni5h
Rep:
?
(Original post by TeaAndSugar)
I'll be doing a MSc there in september in Neuroimaging, so it overlaps with the psych department Did you find the staff were very supportive?
Ummm I'd have to say it definitely depends on the particular person; some were amazing and others too busy with their own research to help students. But I'm sure that's the same at all unis. I was lucky enough to have a good personal tutor (though he was extremely busy doing uni work and forensic stuff) who supervised me to do a paid internship one summer to get some experience, so there are definitely oppurtunities available if you ask
TeaAndSugar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Daniellecorni5h)
Ummm I'd have to say it definitely depends on the particular person; some were amazing and others too busy with their own research to help students. But I'm sure that's the same at all unis. I was lucky enough to have a good personal tutor (though he was extremely busy doing uni work and forensic stuff) who supervised me to do a paid internship one summer to get some experience, so there are definitely oppurtunities available if you ask
Sounds great, thanks How did you find the societies?

And I hope graduate life is going well!
Daniellecorni5h
Rep:
?
(Original post by TeaAndSugar)
Sounds great, thanks How did you find the societies?

And I hope graduate life is going well!
Societies at Cardiff are literally amazing! My one big regret was not getting involved more and earlier. The only one I really know lots about is RAG (raise and give) as I was secretary in my final year. There are so many to choose from though, I'd definitely recommend going along to the fayre and trying and trying a few out before paying to join
TeaAndSugar
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Daniellecorni5h)
Societies at Cardiff are literally amazing! My one big regret was not getting involved more and earlier. The only one I really know lots about is RAG (raise and give) as I was secretary in my final year. There are so many to choose from though, I'd definitely recommend going along to the fayre and trying and trying a few out before paying to join

Thank you, that's good to hear!
Daniellecorni5h
Rep:
?
(Original post by Green23)
Is. Talybont Cardiff university students only or is there metropolitan students 2
Just Cardiff uni
CarefreeZoe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi, Ive been to the open day and am looking to apply for 2016 start. I'm also looking into psychology and was wondering if you could give me an overview of the course such as the kind of modules available? Also, did you do a placement? I'm really interested in this but am wondering what opportunities are available? Thank you in advance
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (10)
15.87%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (12)
19.05%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (28)
44.44%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (10)
15.87%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (3)
4.76%

Watched Threads