Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    I've searched Google but found nothing so could someone help please.
    I've eaten two different types of barbeque sauce and some ribs with barbeque flavour all on different occasions and it makes my lips swell up and go bright red and the ribs actually made my face swell a bit. I guess I'm not actually allergic to 'barbeque flavoured' stuff but anyone know anything in it that could be making me do this each time?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should try and search for ingredients of BBQ sauce then search for allergy's of the ingredients. Hope this helps.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Something to do you with you being outside? Maybe it is a freaky hayfever allergy
    If you eat ribs inside, does your face still swell up? look for common ingredients in all things that make you go this way, and narrow down the list by trying different things out.

    W.
    Offline

    14
    look at the ingreidents and then go get an allergy test
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I think I've got a similar thing with sweets. Every time I eat a whole load of sweets, chocolate and ice cream my belly swells up.
    Lol, nobber
    Offline

    14
    (Original post by princessb)
    Lol, nobber
    lmao
    Offline

    11
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessb)
    Lol, nobber
    Just reminded me of an Alan Partridge scene.

    Alan: Do you want some cheese?
    Tony: [Sitting back, slightly worried] No thanks.
    Alan: [Sniffs it] Mmm. Quite nice. Smells. Do you
    want to smell it? [Alan offers the cheese, still on
    the end of his fork, to Tony.]
    Tony: No thanks.
    Alan: Smell the cheese.
    Tony: No I don’t want to.
    Alan: [More forcefully] Smell my cheese!
    Tony: Alan, please.
    Alan: [Shouting] Smell my cheese, you knobber!
    (Alan thrusts the cheese in Tonys face)

    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    It could be a mild anaphelactic (really don't know how to spell that, soz!!) reaction. My mum had one to nuts a couple of years ago. She's not allergic to them but for a few months if she had anything with a trace of nuts in her mouth and throat swelled up and she got very itchy all over. She went to the docs and had allergy tests done - showing nothing abnormal. But she can eat nuts again now, it only lasted a few months. Think she took antihystamines when it happened but try to avoid the type of foods that trigger it as other people have suggested. Maybe go to the docs too and get it checked out.
 
 
 
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.